This job is archived
- Assist IECHS/SCTHS personnel in the admission process.
- Assist with the summer bridge offered for incoming freshmen.
- Present at 8th-grade information meetings in the community for students interested in attending IECHS/SCTHS.
- Assist with the induction ceremony welcoming incoming freshmen.
- Present at the Student/Parent meeting discussing the expectations of IECHS/SCTHS.
- Create and present workshops for IECHS/SCTHS students promoting good study skills throughout the school year.
- Work collaboratively with the IECHS/SCTHS principal, counselor, academic dean, college and career readiness counselor, and LC IMPACT ECHS/SCTHS liaison at bi-weekly meetings.
- Collaborate with the high schools on recruitment strategies and activities beyond just attending College and Career nights and Parent nights.
- Assist with the logistics and completion in ensuring that all high school students admitted into IECHS/SCTHS complete the ApplyTexas application.
- Assist students with choosing a career pathway.
- Provide one-on-one advising sessions to create individualized degree plans with students who have completed 15 SCH and ensure the students' pathway selection aligns with their career goals, high school endorsements, and high school schedule.
- Provide one-on-one advising to students who are taking the College Preparatory Course in Language Arts and/or Mathematics.
- Ensure that all high school students scheduled to take dual credit courses complete the pre-assessment activity. The PAA is given verbally or online. Provide logistics support and direct assistance as required.
- Create and update spreadsheets to identify where students are at in the enrollment process.
- Identify students who need to take placement tests by utilizing the information on the Onboarding Spreadsheet.
- Act as a liaison between the Lee College Testing Center, students, and proctors throughout the testing process, including the identification of proctors at the high schools who need proctor training.
- Review of test score following initial testing for each student interested in dual credit.
- Collect registration forms for each student, determine eligibility, register students in the proper section, coordinate high school rosters, maintain schedule changes, and determine student enrollment.
- Maintain mandatory New Student Orientation protocols to ensure all IECHS/SCTHS students attend.
- Advocate for students through the coordination with high school counselors to assist with contacting students to ensure student success, including outreach from 3-week progress reports, address bookstore needs, process drops/withdrawals in collaboration with the GCCISD high school counselors, and act as a liaison between the student and faculty.
- Attend high school advisory board meetings.
- Work with the Director of Dual Credit on class offerings, instructors, and scheduling at each high school.
- Understand Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board rules regarding dual credit and ECHS/PTECH ECHS programs.
- Cooperatively work with college advisors, counselors, and staff to remain current in program changes and applicable financial aid options.
- Serve as a contact to the administration and staff at partnering ISDs.
- Serve as an advisor to parents of dual credit students attending GCCISD high schools.
- Establish Parent/Student Orientation Sessions on the college campus, as well on high school campuses.
- Discuss FERPA guidelines with students and their parents.
- Handle phone calls and emails from counselors, parents, and students regarding the IECHS/SCTHS programs.
- Collaborate with the Director of Dual Credit to create handouts and brochures for the programs on campus and for the ISDs.
- Make onsite visits to assigned GCCISD high schools to facilitate communication and provide support.
- Address complaints and disciplinary issues, including academic and behavioral with appropriate contacts as needed in a timely manner.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) process for GCCISD to reflect the dynamic nature of the IECHS/SCTHS partnerships.
- Generate reports for the ECHS/PTECH programs in PeopleSoft.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree
- Two (2) years of related experience working with students in secondary or post-secondary education
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, organizational, and event planning skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators, counselors, advisors, and other staff members in both a college and high school setting
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail for tracking student success as student planning documents
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Psychology, Sociology, Education, Student Affairs, or a closely related field
- Previous experience working at a community college
- Previous experience working with high school students and their parents
- Knowledge of SACSCOC principles, TEA, and THECB guidelines regarding dual credit
- Bilingual: Able to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish
If other, provide location: GCCISD IMPACT ECHS/Stuart Career Technical High School
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7007
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency