- Analyze matriculation data to determine programming enhancements leading to increased enrollments of the graduates of the five high schools.
- Advise students and parents regarding selection and preparation for college admissions, testing, including the determination of Texas Success Initiative Assessment 2.0 (TSIA2) obligation.
- Execute evening workshops to assist with college admissions, college enrollments, and financial aid for parents and students, including assistance with the financial aid application and process.
- Coordinate college/career nights with the five high schools and conduct orientations/workshops throughout the academic year.
- Interpret test scores and provide academic advising, admissions, registration, and financial aid information to high school students seeking admission to Lee College and other institutions of higher education.
- Advise students who are taking the College Preparatory Course in Language Arts and/or Mathematics to ensure continued enrollment following high school graduation.
- Provide degree path/plans, explain degree and certificate programs, evaluation of unofficial transcripts for transferability of coursework, and promote interest inventories or other tools to guide students in college/career exploration.
- Assist with registration to include teaching students' online processes, course selection, data entry, etc.
- Provide group advising and/or group registration sessions.
- Promote parent awareness via collaborative workshops to support college awareness and information (financial aid, college options, etc.).
- Attend departmental meetings and participate with in-service programming on the high school and college campuses.
- Participate in alignment meetings between Lee College and personnel at the five school districts.
- Advocate for students for the resolution of academic issues.
- Serve as a resource on college financial aid for students, parents, and staff.
- Advise and assist with registration during peak periods on the Lee College campus.
- Provide, during specified times, student services support to Lee College departments on and off-campus.
- Implement state and institutional policies and procedures, to include the understanding of Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board rules regarding college matriculation and academic advising programs.
- Understand and discuss FERPA guidelines with students and parents.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the college or school district.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- All registration times are considered peak times requiring extra duties, time, and days.
- Other duties as assigned by Lee College.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Psychology, Sociology, Education or a closely related field or a Bachelor’s (or higher) degree with two (2) years experience working with students in secondary or post-secondary education
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and other staff members
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Flexibility of work schedule required with mandatory evenings and weekends
- Assignment to work onsite at Anahuac, Dayton, Hardin, Hull-Daisetta, and Liberty high schools
- Previous experience working at a community college
- Previous experience working with high school students
- Bilingual: Able to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish
If other, provide location: Lee College Education Center in Liberty, TX and Anahuac, Dayton, Hardin, Hull-Daisetta, and Liberty high schools
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6966
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency