- Prepare and post Board meeting Notice and Agenda as required by law, when directed by the Cos/DSO.
- Maintain a list of ongoing agenda items for future Board meetings; proactively work with Cabinet to ensure agenda items are submitted in a timely manner for upcoming meetings.
- Review Board meeting submission documents for accuracy and appropriate format, and make edits as necessary.
- Communicate with CoS/DSO, Board Committee Chairs, and appropriate vice President to develop Committee meeting agendas.
- Coordinate all functions for Board meetings, including communicating with Regents, making room reservations, arranging for audio/visual equipment, ordering food, and preparing meeting room.
- Attend all Board meetings, serve as recording secretary, and assist as needed.
- Prepare written minutes of all Board meetings, prepare for adoption, and signature at the following Board meeting.
- Act as custodian of records and maintain official files and documents for the Board of Regents, file the approved minutes, and maintain the official list of Board members.
- Coordinate planning of Board Workshops, Committee Meetings, Retreats, New Board Member Orientation, and other events as directed by the CoS/DOS.
- Assist with the TASB Board Policy Update process by preparing tracking charts, meeting agendas, updating policies as directed, and keeping official policy materials current.
- Monitor the Board of Regents budget.
- Prepare commencement scripts for the President and Board Chairman.
- Coordinate and manage the Spring & Fall Commencement, Nurse's Pinning, and Honors Day participation for Board members.
- Provide administrative and operational support to the CoS/DSO and Office of the President.
- Assist the CoS/DSO with meetings, including creating calendar invites, agendas, producing formal minutes, and capturing decisions and action items.
- Assist with processing of College Administrative Regulations/procedures.
- Assist with processing Open Records Requests on behalf of the College.
- Facilitate meetings by making room reservations, making copies, arranging for audio/visual equipment, ordering food, preparing meeting room, and clean up.
- Manage the arrangements for travel, lodging, and registration for Regents and the cos/DSO for appropriate conferences and College-related meetings.
- Process financials, including but not limited to purchase requisitions, per-diems, reimbursements, account statements, and credit card expenses for Board members and Cos/DSO as directed.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Greet and receive visitors to the President's Office as needed.
- Answer phones and route calls or provide information as needed; be the gatekeeper.
- Assist with various activities for the Office of the President; including, but not limited to:
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Run office errands and shop for food and supplies as needed.
- Submit requests for maintenance, custodial services, and room reservations as needed.
- Plan and attend special events as directed.
- In her absence, assume the responsibilities of Coordinator of Executive Operations as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate’s (or higher) degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours
- Three (3) years of related work experience supporting executives
- Must be organized, accurate, attentive to detail, and able to master a wide range of complex tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Self-motivated, proactive, and strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, as well as the ability to master additional software programs as necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to diffuse irate, frustrated students and parents
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to converse easily with the public, friendly and personable
- Dependable, professional
- Must be flexible to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Bilingual: Ability to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish
- Experience with Board Meeting Management
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6967
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency