- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in educational leadership, higher education/student affairs, educational program evaluation, or a related discipline. Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2021.
- Demonstrated experience conducting quantitative and/or qualitative research in educational settings
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative (e.g., Stata, SAS, or SPSS) and/or qualitative data analysis software packages (e.g., NVivo, Dedoose, Atlas.Ti)
- Demonstrated potential for effective teaching at the college level
- Ability to take initiative, problem-solve, and manage time independently to achieve project and center outcomes
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- Experience and demonstrated effectiveness teaching research methodology courses at the graduate level to a diverse student body
- Experience and demonstrated effectiveness teaching content in higher education leadership, student affairs, or related areas at the graduate level to a diverse student body
- Experience and demonstrated effectiveness teaching online and/or hybrid courses
- Expertise in conducting program evaluation research in education, such as evaluations of student service/training programs designed to serve first-generation, low-income, and/or traditionally underrepresented students in higher education
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, clients, and others to achieve shared goals.
- Ability to communicate and translate complex ideas and information into plain written language for a variety of document types (e.g., evaluation reports, executive summaries, research briefs, etc.)
- Experience with quasi-experimental and longitudinal research designs and methodologies
- Experience with advanced statistical analysis
- Serve as a lead program evaluator at Center for Evaluation and Educational Effectiveness (CEEE) on one or more program evaluations/research projects, including collaborative development of evaluation/research plans, data collection, data analysis, and reporting
- Conduct quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis for selected evaluation projects.
- Draft written documents (e.g., proposals, reports, briefs, summaries) as needed for specific projects
- Prepare and deliver presentations on evaluation and research activities and findings as needed by clients and the center
- Supervise the work of graduate and undergraduate student assistants on evaluation, program improvement, and research projects
- Develop edit checks and other tools to assess and improve data quality
- Play a consulting/supporting role in the design and execution of program evaluations and other projects in CEEE
- Collaborate with other members of the center, as well as various units within the college, university, and in the community, to support program evaluation and research activities.
- Take on a coordinating role related to CEEE needs (e.g., delivering professional development to center members and student assistants, recruiting student assistants).
- May teach graduate-level courses, which may include research methods and content courses in the Educational Leadership department (doctoral and master's level). [Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof.]
- Maintain an in-office work schedule aligned with CEEE workload (following CSULB repopulation).
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
CEEE is an evaluation and research center that exists under the Department of Educational Leadership, in the College of Education. The successful candidate will be a full-time faculty member in the department, with his/her primary appointment in CEEE. Thus, they will be eligible to teach courses appropriate to their qualifications, depending upon workload in CEEE.
The Department of Educational Leadership is composed of the Educational Leadership Doctorate Program, the Master's of Education in Educational Administration, the Master's of Science in Counseling with a specialization in Student Development in Higher Education, the Preliminary California Administrative Services Credential, the Community College Certificate and is affiliated with the Center for Educational Effectiveness and Evaluation. The faculty and staff support dynamic, transformative, socially responsible leaders who engage others, value diversity, operate with academic integrity and believe in people and their educational futures. The department prides itself on its highly collaborative, student-centered academic community.
The College of Education at CSULB is amongst the premier educator preparation institutions in the state, preparing teachers, counselors, administrators and community leaders to promote equity and excellence in diverse urban settings through effective pedagogy, evidence-based practices, collaboration, leadership, innovation, scholarship, and advocacy. The College of Education fosters an environment of rigorous learning, critical dialogue and reflection, striving for inclusivity that embraces our mission of equity and excellence in our own scholarly work, practices and policies. We seek colleagues who are committed to our mission and are skilled at teaching and working in environments that reflect CSULB's designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution and an Asian American, Native American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here:
- Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications and indicating area(s) of specialization, if any
- Curriculum Vitae
- An article-length writing sample (may include program evaluation report)
- Unofficial transcript from institution awarding highest degree
- Three references (may be contacted should you reach the finalist stage)
- Finalists should be prepared to submit an official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
Request for information should be submitted to:
Charline Carabes, Department Coordinator
California State University, Long Beach
College of Education
Department of Educational Leadership
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-2012
[Register to View] , firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions specific to the position, please contact Dr. Don Haviland, Department Chair of Educational Leadership (email@example.com)
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/501765/fulltime-lecturer-center-for-evaluation-and-educational-effectiveness-1academic-year
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-[Register to View] 9f8f4d806956bddd54507b