Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) is a premier mission-driven university dedicated to transforming the lives of underserved communities through health professions education, clinical service, biomedical research and compassionate patient care. Over 80 percent of CDU students and over 71 percent of CDU faculty are from communities of color. We are committed to cultivating diverse health professional leaders who are dedicated to social justice and health equity for underrepresented groups impacted by health disparities not only in South Los Angeles, but around the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified professionals for adjunct faculty positions in the following areas:
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Obstetrical Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Gerontological Nursing
- Related Didactic/Conceptual courses
Under direct supervision of the Director of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program, the Adjunct Faculty is responsible for providing quality instruction to students by ensuring clinical education, supervision, and evaluation of students. The Adjunct Faculty will participate in didactic and clinical instruction of Prelicensure BSN and RN-BSN students and provide a contribution to the education of adult learners in the field of nursing. The faculty will assist in aspects of the nursing educational process (skills lab, lectures), teach psychomotor skills in the clinical setting, and incorporate technology and simulation experiences into student learning.
Please visit https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4064 to apply
- Regionally accredited master's degree in nursing required.
- Current, valid licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of California.
- 2-5 years of related experience required; and/or 1-3 years of clinical experience in one of the clinical specialty areas within the past 5 years.
- PC literate with the ability to utilize the MS Office platform, including Word, Excel.
- Ability to type 50wmp
- Good organization skills.
- Good grammatical skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
- Correlate clinical education with didactic education.
- Develop and distribute course syllabi and participate in the development of required documents such as college, self-studies, and BRN/CCNE reports/site visits.
- Cooperates with clinical partner institutions to assure optimal clinical training opportunities for students.
- Evaluate nursing students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives and inform them of their progress in the course in a timely manner.
- Participate in the assessment process and development of student learning outcomes (SLOs) and assessment cycles.
- Participate with the Program Director in periodic review and revision of clinical course materials.
- Maintain current knowledge of the discipline and educational methodologies through continuing professional development, maintains expertise in the subject area, and recommends improvements in curriculum design.
- Maintain current knowledge of program policies, procedures, and student progress.
- Support faculty governance.
- Identify course requirements, student learning outcomes (SLOs), evaluation and grading procedures, and attendance requirements
- Plan, develop, and use a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist students in meeting course objectives and which are appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles.
- Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within requested timelines; maintain necessary records and documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
Number of Vacancies: 9
Open Until Filled: Yes
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.