Head Coach, Women's Golf
Job no: 500559
Work type: Non-Instructional Faculty (Coach/Counselor/Librarian)
Location: Long Beach
Categories: Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Athletics, Temporary, Full Time
Effective Date: On or about July 1, 2021
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin on or about June 18, 2021. Position will remain open until filled (or recruitment canceled).
• Bachelor's degree
• Prior athletic participation in golf
• Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
• Knowledge of and adherence to NCAA rules and regulations
• Experience in golf as a player or coach at the college level
• Ability to coach and recruit quality student-athletes
• Computer experience
• Public relations skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and excellent organizational skills
• Responsible for the development and supervision of the student-athletes in the Women's Golf program
• Lead all phases of the program in accordance with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I, Big West Conference, and University rules, regulations and policies
• Recruit student-athletes in accordance with NCAA regulations and academic standards, as well as University requirements
• Develop and prepare a competitive schedule on an annual basis
• Plan and coordinate in-season practices, including team and individual workouts
• Plan and coordinate out-of-season practices, including individual skill instruction and team workouts, focusing on the development of athletic skills to compete at the Division I level
• Establish procedures to monitor the academics of each of the Women's Golf student-athletes. Effectively communicate with Athletics Academic Advisor to ensure any academic concerns are being addressed.
• Implement strategies for developing and motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels
• Plan and implement game plan, including development of scouting reports of opponents
• Coordinate strength and conditioning program with assigned Strength and Conditioning Coach
• Hire and supervise the assistant coach(es) including volunteers and other staff
• Monitor budget to ensure the Women's Golf program is fiscally responsible and expenditures are within the allocated budget
• Complete all necessary compliance forms as required and/or requested by the Athletics Compliance Office in a timely manner
• Support all marketing activities of the Department of Athletics for the Women's Golf program
• Participate in fund raising activities for the Women's Golf program and/or Department of Athletics
• Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with students, parents, faculty, staff, media, and friends of the university
• Attend NCAA and Big West Conference meetings as required
• Perform other duties as assigned by Sport Supervisor
• A letter of application addressing all required qualifications and any preferred qualifications
• Three References (name, address, e-mail address, and telephone numbers)
• Finalist will be required to provide official transcript from institution awarding highest degree
Requests for information (please include job number) should be addressed to Search Committee Chair: E-mail BeachAthleticsemployment2@csulb.edu
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here:
Employment Requirements: A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
To apply for this postion, visit: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/500559/head-coach-womens-golf
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility, and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency