Assistant Coach, Women's Tennis
Job no: 500550
Work type: Non-Instructional Faculty (Coach/Counselor/Librarian)
Location: Long Beach
Categories: Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Athletics, Temporary, Part Time
Effective Date: On or about July 1, 2021
Salary: $25,374 per year
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin on or about June 14, 2021. Position will remain open until filled (or recruitment canceled).
• Bachelor's degree
• Prior athletic participation in tennis
• Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
• Knowledge of and adherence to NCAA rules and regulations
• Experience in tennis as a player or coach at the college level
• Demonstrated ability to assist with coaching and recruiting quality student-athletes
• Computer experience
• Public relations skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and excellent organizational skills
• Assist with the development and supervision of the student-athletes in the Women's Tennis program
• Assist the program in accordance with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I, Big West Conference, and University rules, regulations and policies
• Recruit student-athletes in accordance with NCAA regulations and academic standards, as well as University requirements
• Assist in the planning and coordinating of in-season practices, including team and individual workouts
• Assist in the planning and coordinating of out-of-season practices, including individual skill instruction and team workouts, focusing on the development of athletic skills to compete at the Division I level
• Assist in monitoring the academics of each of the Women's Tennis student-athletes. Effectively communicate with Athletics Academic Advisor to ensure any academic concerns are being addressed.
• Assist with the planning and implementing of match plans
• Coordinate strength and conditioning program with assigned Strength and Conditioning Coach
• Complete all necessary compliance forms as required and/or requested by the Athletics Compliance Office in a timely manner
• Participate in fund raising activities for the Women's Tennis program and/or Department of Athletics
• Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with students, parents, faculty, staff, media, and friends of the university
• Perform computer related tasks
• Perform other duties as assigned by Head Coach and Sport Supervisor
• A letter of application addressing all required qualifications and any preferred qualifications
• Three References (name, address, e-mail address, and telephone numbers)
• Finalist will be required to provide official transcript from institution awarding highest degree
Requests for information (please include job number) should be addressed to Search Committee Chair: E-mail BeachAthleticsemployment2@csulb.edu
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here:
Employment Requirements: A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
To apply for this postiion, visit: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/500550/assistant-coach-womens-tennis
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility, and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer.J
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency