- Master's degree required in one of the following fields: education, counseling, student development, social sciences, or related discipline
- Demonstrated potential for teaching excellence
- Teaching experience in EOP 100 or other related first year college courses, seminars or orientations
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- A commitment to the EOP mission of advocating for access and retention to underrepresented students
- Teaching experience demonstrating excellence on the college level
- Two years of experience working with college students from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrate knowledge and sensitivity to first generation and underrepresented college students
- Create course syllabus and develop methods to evaluate students learning outcomes
- Teach first-time freshmen students in the following areas: study skills, major/career planning, life management skills, locating campus resources, financial aid literacy, and developing academic and critical thinking skills
- Develop lesson plans and assignments according to the course syllabus.
- Guide and enforce classroom rules and safety procedures
- Provide office hours to meet with students regarding lectures and course progress
- Attend EOP 100 instructors meetings and trainings throughout the semester
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
- Letter of application addressing the Required and Preferred Qualifications
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae including current email address
- Three current letters of recommendation independently provided by references
- A copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree
- Applicants offered employment will be required to submit a signed SC-1 form and official transcript
Applications, required documentation and/or requests for more information should be addressed to:
Homa Danieli, Assistant Director
California State University, Long Beach
Educational Opportunity Program
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-1203
Telephone: [Register to View] or E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications to begin July 30, 2019
Position open until filled (or recruitment canceled)
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, visit https://www.csulb.edu/academic-affairs/faculty-affairs/educational-opportunity-program-eop-100-instructor-part-time
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency