- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Research and publication record in electrical engineering commensurate with the rank of tenured associate or full professor
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- Demonstrated excellence as a department chair or other administrative position
- Evidence of a fair, inclusive and collaborative record in administrative processes
- Experience leading, mentoring, and engaging faculty
- Evidence of successfully planning and executing strategic initiatives
- Successful external grant writing experience
- Experience supervising undergraduate and graduate thesis work
- Experience with hybrid and online instructional modalities
- Evidence of exceptional communication skills and time management
- Experience of successfully working with populations demographically and socioeconomically similar to the CSULB student body
The Chair of the Department of Electrical Engineering serves on a 12-month assignment with responsibility for developing and implementing a robust strategic plan focused on establishing a world-class department. The Chair's primary and central goal is to develop activities across all four components of the academic mission: educational excellence, research and scholarship, student success, and service.
- Provide leadership and advocacy for the Department's educational and research mission
- Manage resources transparently and in a timely manner
- Recruit, evaluate, retain, mentor, and engage faculty
- Supervise department staff
- Prepare and complete faculty and staff performance evaluations
- Engage in corrective action to address student, faculty, and staff concerns
- Encourage and support research, scholarly and creative activities, teaching excellence, and campus and professional service
- Undertake grant writing and development projects that promote the Department mission and vision
- Work with dean and development office for fundraising, private gifts, corporate and community partnerships
- Initiate, implement, and evaluate new and existing curriculum as needed
- Manage course scheduling
- Oversee student academic advising, mentoring and success
- Lead the program's internal and external accreditation/assessment requirements
- Actively evaluate and implement changes for program improvement activities
- Promote the undergraduate and graduate programs
- Teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses, commensurate with expertise and experience [Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof].
- Engage in research, scholarly and creative activities leading to publications and external funding
- Participate in service to the department, college, university, and community
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here:
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
- An Equity and Diversity Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit: http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement
- A leadership statement describing experiences working with stakeholders at different levels and strategies used to ensure effective collaboration, teamwork and equally shared responsibility.
- Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
- Name and contact information for three references (to be contacted for confidential professional letters of recommendation should you reach the finalist stage)
- Finalists should be prepared to submit an official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
How to Apply: Click Apply Now icon to complete the CSULB online application
Requests for information about the position should be addressed to:
Electrical Engineering Search Committee Chair
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Electrical Engineering
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840
E-Mail: email@example.com or [Register to View]
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at [Register to View] 53768273%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=x%2FssSWPU79Zsua9mscL47uEVKOTRjZoGoZEI79urdVU%3D&reserved=0">https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/521658/associatefull-professor-and-department-chair
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-b0f6b[Register to View] 6be19665504c3322b