Student Life Manager - Conexiones & Connections (HEA)
Job ID 25358
Borough of Manhattan CC
Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) is a vibrant, pluralistic learning community committed to the intellectual and personal growth of students. The College bridges the economic and education opportunity gap for students, more than half of whom are the first in their families to attend college.Working to strengthen a culture of care inside and outside the classroom, we share a passion for learning with students from around the world. We strive to increase degree completion, successful transfer, career achievement, and service and leadership within our community, New York City, and beyond
The Conexiones & Connections program at BMCC is a grant-funded position through the U.S. Department of Education under the Title V- Strengthening Hispanic Serving Institutions initiative. The program’s mission is to support the personal and academic success of Latino males and low-income students through programming, support, outreach, and engagement activities that support strong academic outcomes and that improve student satisfaction with college services
Under the guidance of the Vice President for Student Affairs and the program’s Principal Investigators, the Conexiones & Connections Program Manager will manage the recruitment, orientation, advising, registration, and support activities of the program. The Conexiones & Connections Program Manager is also responsible for the planning, facilitation, and assessment to ensure the success of these efforts. This is to respond to the needs of Conexiones & Connections Program students by implementing intervention strategies to support their personal and academic success.
- Develop dynamic recruitment plans and program activities to attract and retain students in the program.
- Collaborate with departments across the college to broaden the reach of the program.
- Implement and assess academic and co-curricular initiatives to support these students and assess student learning, particularly students’ development of co-curricular competencies.
- Develop and implement key program activities such as First Year Experience (FYE) workshops, career exploration, student leadership, peer mentor services, and the provision of wraparound services.
- Coordinate with student staff to ensure successful programming and activities.
- Maintain data to identify trends and verify the retention and graduation status of students in the program and conduct completion-focused outreach.
- Implement consistent and effective assessment practices to refine the area’s programs and prepare program reports each semester.
- Edit, update, and expand the presence of the Conexiones & Connections Program on the College’s website and through social media platforms.
- Represent the Conexiones & Connections Program at college-wide events such as orientations, outreach, and retention initiatives.
- Provide students with excellent customer service both in person through the college’s platforms for distance learning and services.
- Assist in implementing major college-wide events such as commencement, orientation, registration, and honors convocation.
- Participate in campus-wide retention and persistence outreach and activities.
- Some evening/weekend hours are required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and six years related experience required.
- Master’s degree in, Student Personnel Administration, Higher Education, Social Work, Counseling, or a related field required.
- Strong managerial, organizational and presentation skills required.
- Must be fully bilingual with fluency in English and Spanish (reading, writing, and speaking).
- Experience with current higher education practice, theory, and research preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices in student success program implementation, with an emphasis on research, assessment, and data-informed decision making.
- Established record of successful implementation of student programs for a diverse student population and successful college-wide collaborations preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, with attention to detail and proven leadership.
- Be a dynamic individual who can work independently and under general supervision to provide courteous and accurate customer service to all students, visitors, and campus community.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel functions), student databases, social media, Blackboard, Zoom and Adobe Photoshop a plus.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of student programs and quality of life issues, promoting the personal development of a diverse student population.
- Evaluates student needs and trends to develop a range of student services
- Develops and administers specific programs and general activities in support of student needs
- Develops relationships with college departments and outside community organizations to understand student needs and available development opportunities
- Represents the College in campus-wide and university-wide groups and councils focusing on priority student issues
- Manages staff, fiscal resources, and facilities supporting student affairs activities
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary $71,791 - $82,928*
*Effective November 1, 2022
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter and resume as one document in the resume field via our online recruiting system CUNYFirst at https://cuny.jobs/
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
November 3, 2022
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.