This is a non-tenure track, 9-month appointment. Renewal of this appointment is contingent upon satisfactory performance, departmental needs, and funding availability.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Teaching graduate courses in the Counselor Education department with emphasis on clinical practice courses;
• Utilizing technology which will include online teaching;
• Advising and supervising graduate level counselor education students;
• Participating in professional, department, college, and university service.
Educational Requirements for the Position
• Earned Doctorate from a CACREP accredited program in Counselor Education
• Licensed Professional Counselor in Texas
Experience Required for the Position
• Fluency in both Spanish and English
• Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor in Texas
Consideration given to candidate with School Counselor Certification – Texas
Please note: References provided in the References section of the application will receive an automated email reference request at the time the application is submitted.
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.