- Provide administrative assistance in support of the department's financial operations, including providing or compiling data for budgets, reviewing expenditures, conducting research to assist with profit-loss projections
- Maintain a professional demeanor and polished appearance; flexible and comfortable in a fast-moving environment where immediate response is important.
- Perform clerical duties for the Director: maintain files, receive and route incoming phone calls, greet and assist visitors, disseminate information about Lee College and Center programs, distribute mail, make copies, fax, and scan, etc.
- Manage Director's calendar/appointments and maintain a departmental calendar.
- Arrange staff and business meetings, create meeting agendas, take minutes during meetings, and distribute minutes to participants
- Prepare budget and detail transaction reports; monitor departmental budgets and expenditures
- Enter and track departmental purchase requests; process account statements and credit card charges in the credit card tracking system
- Produce internal and external correspondence; distribute departmental information and reminders
- Assist in documenting and tracking projects, ensuring reporting timelines are met
- Assist in tracking and reporting data for the state, internal, and grant requirements and deliverables
- Assist in keeping policy manuals up to date
- Research and compile data for various internal and external reports pertaining to the Center for Workforce and Community Development
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a safe work environment and respond according to the established protocol to emergency situations
- Schedule travel arrangements for Directors and other departmental staff members as needed
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee organizational details for special events sponsored by the Center such as meetings hosted for internal and external constituents, external committees, etc.
- Order, inventory, and maintain office supplies
- Assist with registration as needed
- Assist with events to disseminate information about the Center and its programs, i.e., career fairs, job fairs, college and external events where we are promoting the college and the Center
- Perform other duties as assigned
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Scheduled hours are not to exceed 19.5 hours a week. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- One (1) year of related work experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience in a support, data entry position
- Must be dependable
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Able to work individually with limited supervision and collaboratively with diverse populations/ groups/ teams
- Manage, organize and communicate information of varying technical complexity
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, and enjoy working with a variety of people
- Act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with the ability to perform successful internet research
- Aware of and sensitive to cultural differences with the ability to work with and engage individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized with the ability to keep detailed files and records
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with college personnel and outside entities
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience with customer relations and/or project management software
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.) In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application. Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7040
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-ba7e800d56ce4f43be[Register to View] 574f