This job is archived
(Archived) Program Assistant
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) is a premier mission-driven university dedicated to transforming the lives of underserved communities through health professions education, clinical service, biomedical research and compassionate patient care. Over 80 percent of CDU students and over 71 percent of CDU faculty are from communities of color. We are committed to cultivating diverse health professional leaders who are dedicated to social justice and health equity for underrepresented groups impacted by health disparities not only in South Los Angeles, but around the world.
Posting Number: 00557
Under direct supervision, the Program Assistant performs varied standard and advanced secretarial duties and provide administrative support to the department and faculty members.
Essential Duties :
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide student and faculty support during the didactic year and orientation; the clinical year; graduation; transition period; and admissions as per programmatic guidelines.
• Provide confidential, administrative support. Maintain calendar, and make the conference, travel, and lodging arrangements. Schedule meetings, arrange logistics, and prepare materials. Attend meetings and take minutes.
• Coordinate the preparation, development, and production of major documents, such as proposals, manuscripts, and accreditation reviews. Coordinate efforts or contributions of multiple staff and/or faculty.
• Oversee all clerical and administrative support functions. Compose and produce business correspondence, reports, and related materials. Collect and organize data and determine appropriate formats for displaying results. Execute special projects, monitor deadlines, and initiate follow-up.
• Ensure confidentiality and control access to sensitive information. Maintain confidential files ensuring quick retrieval.
- Serve as an internal resource to faculty, administrators, and others. Respond to inquiries and requests for information requiring knowledge of departmental and University policies and procedures.
• Oversee and facilitate human resources administration procedures and documentation for the College. Coordinate recruitment planning and searches.
• Act as primary contact with telecommunications, information systems, vendors, travel services, and facilities as needed.
• Assist with department budget preparation and monitor budget expenditures.
• Order and maintain office supplies.
• Represents the office as appropriate in its relationships with the University, community, government agencies, professional societies, and similar groups; establishes and maintains rapport with respective clinical affiliations.
• Provide administrative support for SON student orientation activities.
Required Qualifications :
- Regionally accredited associate’s degree required; and/or equivalent of combined education and experience in the related field. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with developing/modifying, or supporting a University program is preferred.
- Experience with software technology, strong technical aptitude and Microsoft outlook proficiency is required.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
• Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
• Ability to supervise and train clerical staff.
• PC proficient with working knowledge of PowerPoint, Access, and Word.
• Database management skills.
• Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
For the complete job description and to apply, please visit:
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.