We’re looking for those individuals—the creative thinkers and innovation seekers—who are content with nothing short of changing the world. Discover the endless opportunities within the Medical College of Wisconsin and be inspired by the work we can do together to improve health, and make a positive, daily impact in our communities.
In the role of Case Manager working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Case Manager will
organize and coordinate all aspects of OR scheduling and reporting of OR utilization metrics for the Department of Surgery (DOS). Facilitate standardization of scheduling protocols with the department and communicate effectively with hospital ORs, ambulatory surgery centers, and the Senior Medical Director of Peri-Operative Services on issues and/or barriers that may potentially impact OR utilization or productivity. Create more efficiency in coordinating shared block time allocations, robotic rooms & facilitate better communication among divisions with the DOS. Optimize use of OR block time allocations and provide more timely access for patients.
• Monitor all aspects of patient scheduling including responding to initial requests for service, coordinate communication with ambulatory clinics, gathering necessary information to determine the appropriate level and need for services per established protocols.
• Monitor OR schedules and patient flow for continuous process improvement.
- Serve as a resource and “at the elbow educator” for decentralized scheduling processes, including posting cases and moving cases from the Epic Optime scheduling depot to the Snapboard grid.
• Complete and maintain all necessary and appropriate files and records associated with OR scheduling.
• Evaluate opportunities for standardization across the department and serve as a liaison between the DOS and the OR.
• Assist in gathering and reporting program data, quality assurance and outcome evaluation consistent with current protocols. Provide backup coverage for OR scheduling in the DOS as needed.
• Attend staff meetings and faculty meetings as appropriate. Lead bi-weekly huddles with DOS schedulers.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, clinical judgment, medicine, cultural awareness, and consulting.
Medical documentation, interpersonal, practice-based learning and improvement, empathy, and decision-making skills.
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: High school degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 2 years
Preferred Education: Associate Degree
Preferred Experience: Knowledge of OR scheduling, Experience using Epic Optime
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.