- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects; knowledge of project management methodology and tools.
- Understanding and experience in the use of technology in the accomplishment of project objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply academic and administrative policies and procedures for student records, academic scheduling, athletic eligibility, and student appeals.
- Proven ability to analyze user needs and translate into detailed specifications.
- Proven ability to design, develop, implement and maintain complex technical rules in support of business processes.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and interpret statistical reports to identify trends.
- Demonstrated ability to research data to analyze and recommend changes in processing and/or procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and manage staff with full knowledge of personnel policies and practices.
- Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a related field (education, business, social sciences) and a minimum of three years of related experience required. Master's degree preferred. Minimum of five years of related experience strongly desired.
Enrollment Services – Student Services
Negotiable based on experience and education.
This is a management level position with an attractive benefits package, which includes a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month, and excellent choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance, educational fee waiver, and retirement benefits.
Go to https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/505060/assistant-director-student-services and click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Due to the nature of this position, current CSULB employees are subject to a criminal record check unless they have successfully completed a criminal background check through CSULB within the past 12 months.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status.CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
Applications close: Dec 16, 2021 (11:55 PM) Pacific Standard Time
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency