- Recruit and hire new tutors for the center.
- Manage and provide new-hire and continuing tutor training.
- Maintain and distribute tutoring schedules.
- Supervise face-to-face as well as online tutoring.
- Coordinate with faculty to provide services to students and faculty.
- Create a welcoming work atmosphere for students and tutors alike.
- Promote the center across campus.
- Purchase and distribute supplies for the enter and computer lab.
- Update all handouts and training guides.
- Responsible for yearly budget and expenditures.
- Mentor and support tutoring staff as needed.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Attend national and regional writing center conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Master’s (or higher) degree in English
- Two (2) years of experience in writing center management
- Two (2) years of experience teaching first-year English courses (ENGL 1301/1302 or equivalent)
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7147
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency