- Work with diverse, under-served populations.
- Research reentry resources such as felony-friendly employers, colleges, programs, best practices, mentorships, etc.
- Develop relationships with industry and business partners to establish and sustain a viable job placement network for paroled Lee College students.
- Establish partnerships with community colleges, job training centers, and local workforce boards to assist HCLC students with workforce training and job placement.
- Establish relationships with local Social Services entities, faith-based organizations, and private organizations to provide resources to transitioning HCLC students
- In collaboration with business and industry partners, develop and administer a portfolio of internships, on-the-job training opportunities, apprenticeships, and other work-based learning opportunities appropriate for transitioning HCLC students.
- Assist the Director with the mentoring program for paroled HCLC students.
- Work with Huntsville center staff to increase wrap-around services for all students and ensure that the specific needs of minority and under-served populations are met.
- Participate in evening and weekend special events and activities.
- Assist in organization and facilitation of employer network meetings.
- Assist the Director with alumni networking email, phone calls, social media, and alumni events.
- Assist the Director with preparing and delivering the Reentry Course to HCLC students.
- Assist the Director with data analysis as needed.
- Record, track, and report performance measures and deliverables to the Director quarterly, including but not limited to: Alumni job placement, number of unduplicated alumni served, and the number and type of referrals made for Alumni; prepare data-driven recommendations for continuous program improvement.
- Answer student mail.
- Assist the Director in the development and distribution of promotional materials.
- Assist the Director in implementing goals for Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning.
- Assist the Director with various reentry services projects.
Collaboration with Partners
- Work effectively with both internal and external partners.
- Build and maintain key relationships with college staff/instructors and community resources.
- Network with transfer institutions and aligning services to improve student ease with the transfer.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in professional development activities and training as required.
- Travel as required for attending conferences, job fairs, prison tours, employer visits, and professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position. Candidate must pass criminal background screening with Lee College and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Social Work, Higher Education, Advising/Counseling or a related field
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ)
- Three (3) years of experience working with offenders or a similar population
- Three (3) years of experience in higher education especially regarding issues related to transfer and articulation, low-income, first-generation, and under-served college populations
- Must be able to travel to the Huntsville Center, assigned prison units, the service are of the College, and out of town to attend training, conferences, etc
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Must possess a positive attitude about work
- Must be able to motivate and empower students
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Office Suite and other applicable software, and the ability to successfully navigate the internet
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience using PeopleSoft, Banner, or another student management software
Campus/Location: Huntsville Campus - Huntsville, TX
If other, provide location: Other TDCJ Units
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college credit courses. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7095
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency