- Plan, organize and coordinate the implementation of program activities, services, and operations of the SSS grant program, including oversight of resources, TRIO personnel, and outside evaluators.
- Prepare, submit, and respond to all reports required by the U.S. Department of Education and supervising units.
- Monitor expenditures in compliance with federal/state/university policies.
- Recruit, supervise, train, and evaluate all program staff.
- Ensure that program objectives are met on an annual basis.
- Represent the program by participating in college and community programs, committees, and activities.
- Perform duties necessary to promote the program on an institutional and local level.
- Administer data regarding participants and program outcomes; and archive project documentation.
- Communicate the objectives and outcomes of the program to grant staff, administrators, other college personnel, and the grant program officer.
- Participates in strategic planning of retention strategies in SSS program and campus-wide efforts through administrative meetings, committees, and presentations.
- Adhere to college policies and procedures.
- Must be aware of and sensitive to cultural differences.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Report to program advisory committee biannually.
- Monitor office to ensure confidentiality of participant records.
- Assist Advisor and other college personnel with program services and activities.
- Communicate with key personnel at Lee College and other area colleges for updates on new programs, deadlines, etc.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws as it pertains to higher education.
- Attend national, regional, state, and local TRIO meetings, as well as conferences, training, workshops, etc.
- Develop and maintain the program's policies and procedures manual.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a grant-funded position. The continuation of the position is based on the continuation of the grant and satisfactory job performance. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- One (1) year of related work experience in higher education
- Understand equity, student development theory, college success programs, and social services
- Must be proficient in composition, spelling, and proofreading
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and energetic, along with exceptional customer service abilities
- Must be dependable and demonstrate initiative
- Exceptional computer skills including expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with superb skills in oral and written communication, planning, and organization
- Solid organizational, time management, and filing skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Flexible, organized, and creative with the ability to switch gears and move from one task to another with frequent interruptions from a busy phone and constant office visitors
- Creativity to produce publications and PowerPoint presentations
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Master’s (or higher) degree in Education, Leadership, or other related field
- Experience working in the community college setting
- Experience working in basic needs initiatives in higher education
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Bilingual – able to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7082
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-2b90e60fcc[Register to View] 6653b97a1033