- Monitor grant listservs and other resources for grant opportunities that align with the college's strategic plan
- Identify federal, state, and private grant opportunities that will advance/enhance the mission and strategic direction of the college
- Research grant opportunities for viability
- Review and analyze data that supports the need for the project
- Coordinate, manage, and lead grant development teams of key internal and external stakeholders that may include VPs, deans, faculty staff, industry partners, economic development entities, workforce boards, and colleagues from other institutions working collaboratively to create a competitive grant proposal
- Work in partnership with grant writers from other colleges, the Workforce Board, and/or industry partners to develop collaborative regional grants
- Manage all pieces of the grant development process including gaining the appropriate college approvals, submitting letters of intent, acquiring letters of support, MOUs, sub-recipient agreements, and signature pages as required by the funder
- Write, edit and submit institutional grant proposals that are competitive, comprehensive, accurate, executable, and sustainable
- Develop relationships with private funders whose priorities align with the college's strategic plan
- Develop and maintain relationships with local state and federal funding agencies, as well as corporate foundations
- Increase the college's capacity for developing, funding, and managing sustainable grant programs by working with faculty and administration
- Assist in grant implementation and project management as directed by the Director of Grant Management
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Participate and support Resource Development activities such as Gala, Scholarship Breakfast, Industry reception, and other events as outlined by the administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position.. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree
- Three (3) years of grant writing experience including federal, state, and private sources
- Evidence of a successful funding track record
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess exceptional time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated skills in scheduling, prioritizing, and finalizing activities, and meeting multiple hard deadlines
- Must be flexible to meet hard deadlines
- Demonstrate skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, navigating the internet, and a variety of grant submission platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Grant writing experiences in a higher education institution
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7038
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency