Under the general direction of the Director of Enrollment Management, the Enrollment Specialist establishes and administers programs for targeting recruitment and retention of students in graduate and undergraduate programs for the University. The incumbent will exercise independent judgement in all areas of territorial management and accountability, visit schools, and make presentations to groups and individuals, and coordinate recruitment efforts and serve as primary point of contact for the assigned territory and internal coordination of the University’s student enrollment and admissions services.
- Create, enhance, foster existing, and new relationships with schools, colleges, community groups, and other organizations in order to increase enrollment.
- Communicate with applicants received from various application systems to confirm receipt of the application & supporting materials
- Partner with community and alumni organization that assist with the recruitment of students.
- Initiate, plan, and execute special projects in conjunction with the goals and objectives of the office
- Facilitate ELM Info sessions
- Complete reporting related to recruitment forecast and projections.
- Prepare statistical reports, as well as other written reports; correspond, as appropriate, with
- students regarding the various stages of the admissions process at which they are involved; prepare other related reports, correspondence, surveys, etc.
- Visits middle schools, high schools, and colleges, speaks to groups and individual students and meets with school counselors and administrators to promote outreach activities within assigned territory and as required to assist other recruiters.
- Arranges visits and tours for prospective students and parents.
- Serves as the point person for oversight of territorial recruitment goals and promotional and public relations accountability.
- Serves independently as the point person for internal coordination of university student recruitment and enrollment management goals utilizing specific knowledge of admissions, registration criteria and financial aid and/or scholarship information and deadlines.
- Articulate and implement the vision of enrollment management in furtherance of the strategic plan to increase the student population at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science.
- Travel throughout the region to represent the University at educational fairs and other recruitment events and liaise with key partners and facilitators.
- Manage various recruitment programs and marketing strategies for recruitment for admissions programs and special events relating to freshmen, transfer, or under-represented groups in the fulfillment of recruitment efforts.
- Manages university participation of staff and alumni for national and local college recruitment fairs; coordinates event-specific organizational aspects, promotional materials and information from the university and its colleges, educational programs and degrees.
- Presents information about the benefits of an education from CDU.
- Audits student data and conducts statistical research to enhance recruitment and judge recruitment effectiveness.
- Prepares reports and proposals, and responds to inquiries from students and student representatives and minority agencies.
- Compile recruitment data and utilize the student information system to input and track enrollment data.
- Assist with the development of enrollment marketing publications and communication including letters, brochures, website postings, electronic mail and other mediums.
- Promotes and represents the university at public relations events, promotional opportunities, marketing campaigns business and committee meetings, and press and publicity functions.
- Organizes and implements all aspects of large, multi-departmental special events utilizing presentations and promotional materials, maintaining budgetary and operational controls, coordination skills with multiple entities and representing the university at local, statewide and national events.
- Promotes and represents the university at public relations events, promotional opportunities, marketing campaigns, business and committee meetings and press and publicity functions.
- Provides career and academic counseling, planning and advising to potential students utilizing specific knowledge gained of the university colleges, educational programs, and degrees.
- Communicate with prospective students, parents, and community through appointment, telephone, email and other materials.
- Audits student records and notifies students/potential students of problems with their academic records including transcripts, registration, prerequisites, etc.
- Must keep informed of new programs and developments within the University in order to give the most op-to- date information to enquirers.
Regionally accredited Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent of combined education. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply CDU policies and procedures in furtherance of of recruitment and admissions policies.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgements.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to analyze course prerequisites, certification, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to plan and evaluate programs.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Skill in the configuration and use of computerized database programs.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and attaining growth-oriented goals.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to administrative support staff and/or students.
- Must possess excellent computer skills and be proficient in MS Windows, Word, Excel, etc.
- Some experience with database software tools such as PowerCampus, etc.
- At least one year of recruitment, admissions & outreach experience, or equivalent; two to three years preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as a part of a team.
- Strong cross-cultural, interpersonal, and writing skills are necessary, including public speaking skills and the ability to represent the University in a positive way to diverse populations.
- Ability to represent the admissions and recruitment profession positively through a strong, student-centered ethic.
- Experience coordinating programs.
- Former student ambassador, tour guide, RA, orientation leader, or similar student involvement preferred.
- · A valid driver’s license, or ability to obtain a valid driver’s license within thirty days or hire, is required for this job.
- Ability to travel to remote locations, by vehicle or air locally, statewide and/or out of state, and to load and transport recruitment materials, displays, and other equipment.
- Some evening and weekend hours required, especially during recruitment seasons.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
For more information and to apply, https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4163
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer