Coordinator III - Project Coordinator
Sam Houston State University
Department: Bill Blackwood LEMIT
Open until filled: Yes
Educational and Experience Requirement:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related field with strength in research methodology and familiarity with current research issues in the related field of study. Minimum of three years professional experience in related field. A combination of education, experience, and training that would produce the required knowledge and abilities could be considered.
Nature & Purpose of Position:
Manages and coordinates day-to-day and long-term programmatic processes to include program planning, development, implementation, and evaluation in order to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the LEMIT program.
- Plans, schedules, and facilitates programs/events, including identifying subject matter experts, program site selection, program materials, program preparation, program marketing, and administrative support.
- Coordinates program logistics to include management of program schedules, calendars, website, participant registration, staff travel, and on-site services.
- Assists with the planning and management of program finances to include budget preparation, oversight, and summary analysis.
- Manages and controls program resources to include the purchasing of program materials and supplies in accordance with departmental budget, policies and procedures, and in compliance with local, state, and federal laws.
- Creates, maintains, analyzes a variety of documents, spreadsheets, databases, reports, and submits findings to pertinent constituents.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Important contacts with other University departments, State and Federal agencies, and outside vendors.
Up to 20% of this position, over the fiscal year during off-peak periods, may be performed remotely as determined by the supervisor.
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Human Resources Department
1831 University Ave, John W. Thomason Bldg. Suite 202
P.O. Box 2356
Huntsville, TX 77341-2356
SHSU Employment Office: [Register to View]
Employment Portal: shsu.peopleadmin.com