This job is archived
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Who we are
The Department of Residence Life is housed within the Division of Student Affairs. It is comprised of 60+ full-time staff and 180+ graduate and undergraduate student staff. We offer a fun, academic-centered environment where each staff member has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students. To learn more, please visit our website https://reslife.tamu.edu/.
What we want
The Administrative Coordinator I, is responsible for providing primary administrative support and manages the daily office operations for several Senior Staff members in the Department of Residence Life Central Administrative Office. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability as stated above. If the description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume’ are strongly recommended. You may upload these documents on the application under CV/Resume.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M’s COVID-19 response, please visit the University’s COVID-19 website. For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness’ COVID-19 website.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years of experience in office administration
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Interpersonal and oral and written communication skills and ability to plan and organize effectively
- Effective customer service skills
- Ability to problem solve, think critically, take initiative, and complete tasks with minimal direction.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
Other Requirements or Other Factors:
- Job duties will require the ability to sit, lift or move/bend/stoop extensively, (moderate weight) kneel/stoop, reach, talk, and hear
- Occupant will be exposed to weather traveling to meetings
- Use a video display terminal
- Two years’ experience in office administration or project management
- Experience in process and database management, building access and security, report building and analysis
- Event planning and management experience
- Experience managing calendars and schedules for multiple leadership members
- Multi-line phone use and management experience
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to manage and use Frontier Card Access System
- Ability to use and manage StarRez (cloud based enterprise level housing database) and COMPASS/Banner
- Ability to use Aggie Buy and Concur
- Administrative Support - The Administrative Assistant reports to the Sr. Administrative Coordinator and provides primary administrative support; manages the daily office operations and serves as an assistant to several senior-level staff members. Provides administrative support by answering phones, greeting visitors, copying, filing, scheduling meetings, preparing and distributing agendas and minutes, providing logistical and administrative support for trainings, meetings, events or other special functions (including on-site support), coordinating travel itineraries and arrangements, drafting correspondence and presentations, creating and maintaining offices files and confidential records, maintaining office supply inventory and equipment, and responding to non-routine information. Assists in the coordination of department initiatives. Assists in administrative support of 25+ residence halls and two apartment complexes on campus. Provides occasional support to the Central Administrative Office reception desk by greeting incoming guests, answering telephones, copying, filing, and scheduling meeting rooms. Provides instruction to and oversees the work of other full-time employees from time to time to accomplish the necessary goals. Other duties as assigned by Sr. Administrative Coordinator.
- Administrative Support / Communication - Uses a personal computer and utilizes advanced word processing, desktop publishing, presentation, and database software (StarRez, Frontier, Canva, Excel, Outlook, Word and Publisher) to maintain publications, update and create presentations, produce reports and manage critical student and staff data. Assists in the creation of presentations and publications, updating manuals, creating surveys/assessment tools, compiling data for reports. Assists with the development and evaluation of office procedures. Assists in the maintenance and development of department databases and provides training to student staff on proper use. Provides agendas and staffing assistance to meetings. Works with complex, sensitive and highly confidential administrative matters.
- Safety & Security - Serves as key and/or card access manager for assigned area. Is responsible for work orders related to keys and access cards as needed, assists in maintaining accurate key and access card inventory for assigned area, and for policies and procedures outlined in Department key manuals. Assists Assistant Director for Risk Management in creating and implementing key and card access use processes, manuals, forms, and training. Updates policy manuals and crisis/emergency response manuals and kits/supplies. Assists with Risk Management and Safety committee correspondence, agendas, and minutes. Is responsible for documentation and follow-up on monthly/annual Fire and Life Safety inspections and fire alarms and fire drills. Is responsible for purchasing and maintaining stock of crisis/emergency supplies. Supports programming related to safety/security. Assists with preparation of presentations and training workshops related to safety, security, and crisis response.
- Analysis - Researches, compiles, and applies information, making evaluative judgments on appropriate data to use. Analyzes requirements for projects or initiatives; gathers information and conducts research in support of the senior administrators. Assists in researching and analyzing reports and summary documents related to residence halls, apartments, maintenance, conferences, and other department units.
- Development - Utilizes advanced interpersonal communication skills in presentations to internal and external stakeholders. Provides occasional training to other staff members on assigned topics. Assists in the planning of special events for multiple areas. Serves on department, division and university committees and task forces. Serves as staff support for departmental committees. Participates in workshops and training as needed. Advances the philosophy of multiculturalism and actively promotes and supports diversity by interacting with individuals of diverse backgrounds. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.