- Maintain a repository of current contracts and insurance policies.
- Analyze contracts to identify areas of future negotiation and/or modification.
- Ensure the timely renewal of contracts.
- Manage insurance policies and have them analyzed by consultants and use the results of the analysis to inform insurance coverage.
- Manage Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Quotations ( RFQs) to ensure proper processes are followed and appropriately documented.
- Oversee the policies that govern travel for both students and employees and make recommendations to increase the institutional value of approved travel.
- Manage requests for travel to ensure the process is followed and appropriately documented.
- Maintain current knowledge of new tools, practices, and technologies in higher education procurement.
- Participate in the evaluation of potential new systems, and make recommendations for their adoption.
- Maintain knowledge of state and federal purchasing regulations.
- Review and recommend changes to the internal and external department web pages.
- Develop and provide training to college employees for the preparation of RFPs and RFQs.
- Develop and provide training to college employees and student groups for the preparation of travel requests.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two (2) years of related work experience; or 6 years of related work experience in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Skilled at multi-tasking in a deadline-oriented environment with various employees and constituents
- Must have high personal integrity, honesty, accountability as well as a high standard of excellence, accuracy, and consistency
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience in PeopleSoft and Purchasing Card system preferred
- Prefer previous work experience in an educational environment
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college credit courses. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7099
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-f0b[Register to View] a47b7258111bfa65856