Every great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW).
In the role of Patient Coordinator, you will be working in Wauwatosa, WI.
You will serve as the first and continuous point of contact for patients to guide them through health care processes. Assume responsibility and accountability for intake of all new and returning patients in the Department of Multi-Specialty and SpineCare Clinic.
- Triages a high volume of incoming phone calls, responds to initial requests for service and obtains accurate and detailed information for each patient.
- Applies comprehensive understanding of Spine Care program, systems, and physicians’ specialties to align scheduling practices with patient centered scheduling initiatives
- Communicates and coordinates initial treatment plans with patients, patient families, and healthcare professionals via phone and/or written correspondence
- Coordinates and schedules program and provider visits; communicates appointments to patients and provides customized written and verbal instructions.
- Explains nature of treatment offered and identifies individuals’ needs, links patients to alternative resources and health care personnel as appropriate.
M-F; 8 am -4:30 pm
- Associate Degree
- 2 years of experience in a healthcare setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vision, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on items such as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
For a brief overview of our benefits see: https://www.mcw.edu/departments/human-resources/benefits
Eastern Wisconsin is a vibrant, diverse metropolitan area. MCW is intent on attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce and faculty body that reflects the community we serve. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, thought, and perspectives to advance excellence in science and medicine. MCW is a welcoming campus community with a strong culture of collaboration, partnership, and engagement with our surrounding community.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.