We’re looking for those individuals—the creative thinkers and innovation seekers—who are content with nothing short of changing the world. Discover the endless opportunities within the Medical College of Wisconsin and be inspired by the work we can do together to improve health, and make a positive, daily impact in our communities.
In the role of Administrative Supervisor working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Administrative Supervisor supervises staff regarding daily operations, monitor workflow, prioritize and delegate work to ensure efficient operations. Interview, hire, and evaluate performance to support operational and staff development. Trains new employees and provide backup to ensure operational efficiency. Manages recruitment and onboarding of new faculty and staff.
- Oversee and supervise the daily operation of administrative support staff.
- Coordinate recruitment, hiring, and annual reviews for faculty and staff. Provide coaching and counseling leadership for staff employee relation issues and assist in problem solving.
- Develop training strategies to improve administrative support staff performance.
- Assist with disciplinary actions as needed for direct reports following appropriate regulatory and MCW guidelines.
- Resolve problems, issues, and concerns with department personnel and administrative support staff.
- Provide backup for all staff when necessary (not more than 20% of the time) and assist with special projects.
- Conduct and participate in team meetings to establish, improve, or maintain appropriate internal and external communication.
- Review quality, accuracy, and timeliness of work for direct reports.
- Integrate and coordinate divisional activities with MCW and CW administration.
- Facilitate communication between physicians and Herma Heart Institute staff regarding patient care protocols.
- Interpret and apply administrative policies and protocol.
- Assist in budget development and approving purchase orders or other financial commitments.
- Monitor systems for incoming faculty in relation to credentialing, licensing, and orientations.
- Ensures correct functioning of facilities, office and/or business support services.
- Oversees and originates programs and special events related to the department.
- Oversee operational activities of the department ensuring efficiency and compliance with department and College policies and procedures.
- Assist the Chair/Director or other appropriate department administration as needed to assure department projects and requests are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide administrative support to Section Chief, Associate Section Chief and Service Line Administrator including calendar management, scheduling meetings, travel reimbursements etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of computers, clerical procedures, customer service standards, collaboration, and information management. Organization, time management, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Appropriate experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis for education.
Minimum Required Education: Associate degree
Minimum Required Experience: 3 years
Preferred Experience: 3 to 4 years of experience (leadership experience preferred)
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.