he Medical College of Wisconsin brings a synergy between the best medical education, research and patient care. Tomorrow’s discoveries happen right here alongside the very people who bring those lessons to our students. Every bit of knowledge, and every advancement, provides our students with an unprecedented, collaborative learning environment, and helps improve the vitality and care of our communities.
In the role of Administrative Coordinator working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Administrative Coordinator functions as a key coordinator for human resources, purchasing, and financial management of a large division. Assures the smooth running of the division.
- Manages daily operations of the division, primarily in the areas of faculty clinical practice management support, including direct responsibility for clinical scheduling.
- Supervise division administrative staff.
- Manages various office and location support activities.
- Identifies, enhances, and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of the
- division to which the support is being provided.
- Ensures correct functioning of facilities, office and/or business support services.
- Coordinate, plan, and implement office activities and procedures of the division.
- Initiate purchase order requests, check requests, and travel expenses.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and annual reviews.
- Assist with faculty recruitment and credentialing.
- Serve as a resource on MCW policy to staff and faculty.
- Execute special projects such as space allocations, relocations, and major equipment purchases, national and international meeting organization.
- Oversee special projects such as workshops, retreats, and advisory committee meetings.
- Represent the division on task forces and committee as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of economics, accounting, mathematics, administration, English language, law, government, and human resources.
Work requires resource management, mathematics, problem solving, coordinating work activities, critical thinking, systems analysis, operations analysis, time management, writing, active listening, and active learning skills.
Speech clarity, speech recognition, finger dexterity, and wrist-finger speed while operating computers abilities required.
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Appropriate experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis for education.
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 2 years of experience
- Preferred Experience: 3-5 years of executive assistant or office/team management experience
- Field: Health care, academics, professional services
Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.