- Proven ability to interpret and evaluate budget and personnel policies and procedures and formulate proposals for implementation and improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large complex budget including expense management, budget control development and monitoring, budget analysis, variant reporting, and budget forecasting.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex resource analysis and formulate strategic recommendations as a result of analysis.
- Understanding of education in public sector administrative practices.
- Competency in software applications in support of the major job duties (Excel, MS Project, etc.).
- Knowledge of fiscal management theories, principles, practices and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and writing policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of personnel management theories, principles, practices and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and manage staff.
- Proven ability to manage complex tasks and multiple simultaneous projects of a diverse nature
- Management skills in long-range planning, impact assessment, and working effectively through others to implement change and to accomplish routine tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in carrying out the management and supervision of the Administrative Support Unit in ES.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with peers, faculty, students, and subordinates.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects; knowledge of project methodology and tools.
- Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
Bachelors' degree in business, fiscal management, human resources management, or a related field required. Master's degree preferred. Five years of relevant knowledge and working experience with developing and managing budgets, performing financial analysis for governmental and auxiliary funds, formulating complex spreadsheets, researching and analyzing data, and problem solving required. Experience in campus procurement, travel, accounts payable, and accounts receivable policies and procedures required.
Negotiable based on education and experience
This is a management level position with an attractive benefits package, which includes a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month, and excellent choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance, educational fee waiver, and retirement benefits.
Click "Apply Now"
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Due to the nature of this position, current CSULB employees are subject to a criminal record check unless they have successfully completed a criminal background check through CSULB within the past 12 months.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status.CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position will include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-38967cbf83432f4d802f[Register to View] 35