POSITION: PROGRAM ASSISTANT, TITLE V GRANT
JOB SUMMARY: New Jersey City University is seeking a detail-oriented professional with strong organizational skills to join the Title V Grant team. In 2020, NJCU was awarded $3 million to conduct a series of initiatives that are intended to increase the enrollment, retention and graduation rate of Latino and low-income students over a 5-year period. The successful candidate will be motivated to bring about these improvements and work with diverse faculty, staff and professionals.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Assistant is responsible for various grant-related activities, including: coordination of activities among internal and external project participants; budgeting and requisitions; preparing reports, contracts, letters and marketing materials; and monitoring compliance with federal, state, and university regulations. Schedule flexibility and some travel are required. Candidates must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and knowledge of website maintenance, Microsoft Office programs, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Coordinate grant-funded activities working in cooperation with University faculty and staff;
- Assist with post-award project management and administration;
- Facilitate the completion of all project tasks and goals while remaining within established timelines and budgets;
- Monitor, review and verify budgets and financial reports;
- Procure supplies, equipment and vendor services;
- Manage project-related data and outcomes;
- Prepare clear and accurate interim, annual, and final performance reports containing key findings, outcomes, and conclusion of grant projects;
- Work to ensure full compliance with all federal, state and local regulations while remaining aligned with the University’s mission;
- Additional, related work, as required.
REQUIREMENTS : A record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and research. Demonstrated successful administrative leadership. A commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion and shared governance.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree; Preferred: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a Science-related field, such as Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Geoscience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one (1) year experience coordinating grant-funded projects, preferably at an institution of higher education
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to interact diplomatically with individuals at all levels
- Excellent decision-making skills and personal integrity
- Ability to work independently
- Facility with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and other office productivity software
- Schedule flexibility, ability and willingness to travel, as necessary
- Experience with electronic procurement systems, especially PeopleSoft
- Experience with creating, editing and maintaining websites
- Experience managing budgets under federal cost accounting principles
- Experience interacting with federal, state or local regulatory agencies
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
Cut-Off Date for Filing Applications: Friday, April 9 2021