This job is archived
The facilities office coordinator provides first response to facilities work requests and/or written requests; assesses degree of urgency; determines priority, including urgent response to health and safety issues. The office coordinator assigns work orders to facilities maintenance staff coordinating with respective managers and supervisors as needed, dispatches appropriate personnel and contractors and verifes completion of the work order, maintains data in the SchoolDude work order system, and Issues periodic reports on maintenance activity. Responsible for administrative support activities and operations of the department. This role serves as the confidential assistant to the Facilities Management team as well as providing administrative support to various administrators in the facilities office, including meeting coordination, monitoring attendance, assisting staff with HR and IT issues, maintaining central files, coordinating activities of the Office of Capital Planning & Facilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
(E) - Essential Function
- (E) Performs and/or assigns administrative duties such as composing correspondence for administrators, filing documents, and duplicating documents, In order to produce office's correspondence and to maintain/store copies of such; schedules appointments; routes inter-campus mail and outgoing mail for administrators as needed
- (E) Tracks, prepares, and assures the proper processing of all paperwork related to hiring
- (E) Formats documents such as statistical reports, bid specifications, form letters, listings, etc., by entering, proofreading, and printing the above documents
- (E) Pro-card administration
- (E) Assists In data entry for utility tracking. Creates and maintains all service log books
- (E) Utilizes computerized database software to maintain the college's key matrix. Oversees the distribution of keys to the university community
- (E) Assists with the coordination of ordering signage for the college according to established specifications
- (E) Inputs and updates any and all new equipment for PM system
- (E) Answers calls and takes messages for administrators
- (E) Answers inquiries directed to the office by reference to applicable records or other office personnel In order to service college community, outside agencies and general public
- (E) Updates Polaris posts and university website related to capital planning and facilities
- (E) Reviews area attendance sheets and routes to Administrators for signature; performs and/or assigns the distribution of approved leave request forms to appropriate personnel/departments
- (E) Supervises and trains work-study students In the performance of routine office work
- (E) Assigns SchoolDude work orders to supervisors and follows up to ensure successful completion of work performed and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrates sensitivity to students with a diversity of learning
- Serves as a role model and mentor for students
- Serves on various committees as assigned
- Performs other related duties
- An associate or higher degree
- Three years of progressive administrative experience
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, prioritize work, and handle confidential information
- Computer, data entry, and record management experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Knowledge of basic office management systems, procedures, and equipment
- Previous supervisory experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in support of all departmental areas and safety programs
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft, CAMIS, SchoolDude, Microsoft Office, and Adobe
- Knowlege of the public bidding process
Salem State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. For accommodation information or requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5-10 pounds.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online at https://careers-salemstate.icims.com and attach resume and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background and CORI check satisfactory to the university. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
This position is not eligible for H1B visa sponsorship.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Salem State University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
Please Note: If there is no application deadline associated with a position, it may be removed at any time and additional applications will not be accepted.