- Assist with the admission process.
- Determine Texas Success Initiative obligation based on TAKS, THEA, Accuplacer, or other approved tests, as well as determine applicable exemptions.
- Implement state and institutional policies and procedures.
- Interpret test scores.
- Provide degree path/plans and explain degree and certificate programs.
- Evaluate unofficial transcripts for transferability of coursework.
- Assist with registration to include teaching students online processes, course selection, data entry, etc.
- Assist with the resolution of academic issues as an advocate for students.
- Provide group advising and/or group registration sessions.
- Coordinate/facilitate student orientation, workshops, and other successful initiatives.
- Assist in identifying and developing innovative strategies to support students from marginalized student populations to improve persistence and completion.
- Work cooperatively with faculty to identify needed early interventions.
Additional duties may include, but are not limited to:
- All registration times are considered peak times requiring extra duties, time, and days.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Psychology, Sociology, Education or a closely related field
- Two (2) years of experience working with students in secondary or post-secondary education
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and other staff members
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail for tracking student success and student planning documents
- Must be available to work a flexible work schedule with mandatory evenings and weekends
- Assignment will include the Baytown campus and service area sites, including, but not limited to, East Harris, Liberty, and Chambers Counties
- Master’s (or higher) degree in Education or a Master’s (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours in Education
- Bilingual – ability to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish
- Previous experience working at a community college
- Previous experience working with high school students
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college credit work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application, including both a phone number and email address.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7151
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency