- Support and abide by all rules, regulations, and guidelines of the Lee College and serve as an appropriate role model for students and employees at all times.
- Collaborate with faculty divisions with scheduling, maintaining, and sustaining Weekend College courses.
- Create a recruitment and bi-annual plan for Weekend College Plus programming with stated goals and specific metrics that measure the success of the plan.
- Represent the Weekend College Plus program by participating in college programs, committees, and activities.
- Identify and leverage existing community resources for students that may hinder their success including housing, conflict resolution, family and childcare, clothing, food and nutrition, utilities, domestic violence, health, legal, and counseling.
- Foster a supportive environment for students from admissions, registration, enrollment, degree progression, financial aid through completion/graduation and/or transfer to a university and/or workforce.
- Produce evaluation reports for AVP, President's Cabinet and other campus personnel demonstrating the effectiveness of the annual plan and make recommendations based on the evaluation of the metrics.
- Assess the effectiveness of Weekend & Evening Services programming by developing, implementing, collecting, and examining surveys, focus groups, and other data analyses.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships across campus.
- Facilitate communication, enhance student and academic services for evening and weekend students.
- Provide oversight and work collaboratively within the Retention and Transition Services Department to oversee scheduling student learning support services such as tutoring.
- Collaborate with other Lee College student and academic support services to streamline services and enhance services for all students taking classes on the weekend and/or evening.
- Collaborate with Career & Transfer Services Department to assist weekend and evening students who need support for job placement or university transfer.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and enhance awareness of Weekend College Plus programming. (inclusive of flyers, brochures, other publications, social media, and internet marketing).
- Collaborate with Recruitment and Outreach Department to increase enrollment in Weekend College.
- Work evenings and weekends.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to all inquiries from all students, faculty, staff, administration, and outside parties.
- Manage the referral of students to other academic and student support services as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits are available with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Education, Curriculum Development, Counseling, Social Work, Behavioral Science or related field
- Minimum three (3) years of related work experience in a higher education setting support services is required.
- Experience as a counselor/advisor/program coordinator including developing, implementing, monitoring, and measuring the effectiveness of said programming
- Impeccable reputation with regard to ethics and integrity and a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in departmental and inter departmental teams
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office suite, in particular Work and Excel
- Ability to develop and maintain reports related to learning support service usage and success
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to travel, work evenings and weekends
- Master’s (or higher) degree in Education, Curriculum Development, Counseling, Social Work, Behavioral Science or related field
- Bilingual – English/Spanish read, write, and speak proficiently
- PeopleSoft Campus Solutions experience
- Full-Time experience on a college/university student services staff
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7011
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency