Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) is a premier mission-driven university dedicated to transforming the lives of underserved communities through health professions education, clinical service, biomedical research and compassionate patient care. Over 80 percent of CDU students and over 71 percent of CDU faculty are from communities of color. We are committed to cultivating diverse health professional leaders who are dedicated to social justice and health equity for underrepresented groups impacted by health disparities not only in South Los Angeles, but around the world.
Position Number: PS09029
Under general direction from the Principal Investigator, coordinates and assists in the general administration of the Community-Partnered Intervention Program to increase COVID-19 vaccinations in the African American and Latinx communities. Provide administrative support to the program and determines time, place, and sequence of operation. Monitors expenses, maintenance of equipment, supplies, etc. May oversee, assist, and maintain department annual budget. May assist with supervision of office support staff.
- Provides support services such as typing, distribution, and report preparation for special projects generated by the department
- Coordinates appropriately with other programs, schools/colleges, and university departments for program success.
- Participates in the development and interpretation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and schedules activities for the office, anticipating and planning for needs.
- Monitors budget expenditures and reports on variances.
- May assist in the preparation of the budget
- Establishes schedules and priorities and provides technical assistance in the resolution of problems.
- Maintains necessary records and documents.
- Prepares regularly scheduled or special reports.
- Answers inquiries on procedures and policies relating to departmental functions.
- Provides post-award administrative support including expenditure approvals, accounting detail, and reporting requirement information. Monitors for allow-ability on contracts, submit interim reports, and reviews and approves closeout documents.
- Provides assistance with various faculty and students research activities including literature reviews, grant prep and submissions, IRB filings, documentation, and record-keeping
- Performs other duties as requested
- Regionally accredited (BA/BS, MA/MS) degree required; and/or equivalent of combined education and experience in the related field.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Two to five years in a related field.
- Background in a University setting.
- Familiarity with school programs
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong grammatical and typing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and schedule various office activities.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
To apply, please visit https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4040
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.