- Work collaboratively with the AVP of Student Affairs Administrative Secretary.
- Assist and greet students/guests/colleagues upon entering and calling the Diversity Equity and Inclusion office suite.
- Assist with AVP of Retention and Transition Services & Chief Equity Officer's calendar handling RSVPs to meetings, meeting agendas, making copies, preparing/creating/updating spreadsheets, taking minutes, and ordering food when necessary.
- Provide support to grant staff.
- Submit and approve purchase requisitions and track billing and payment.
- Order supplies and equipment for the department.
- Assist with departmental event planning from meetings to special events, to include the development and tracking of the guest list, reservation of room, determine schematic for set-up, arrange for special items (music/media, decor, photographer, and caterer), set-up/clean up as needed, and assist with selection of menus.
- Maintain departmental budgets.
- Input staff vacations on AVP calendar.
- Gather, organize, and track time and efforts of grant staff and other monthly needed signature items.
- Process account statements and credit card expenses for the Retention and Transition Services areas mentioned above.
- Assist with travel plans as needed.
- Compose and type internal and external correspondence.
- Serve as primary point of contact for community and former student websites.
- Supervise student assistant.
- Maintain a professional demeanor.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate’s (or higher) degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours
- Two (2) years of related work experience supporting managers/executives
- Must be organized, accurate, attentive to details, and able to master a wide range of complex tasks in a dynamic, fast paced work environment
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, as well as the ability to master additional software programs as necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to converse easily with the public, friendly and personable
- Must be dependable and professional
- Commitment to community college students and mission
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft
- Experience working in diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Bilingual: Able to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for any college coursework that has been completed. (Official transcripts will be required if hired.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6933
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency