This job is archived
This position is located in the Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration, Location Negotiable After Selection, United States and Washington, District of Columbia. As a Student Trainee (Program Analyst), you will work closely with a team leader and/or supervisor, in a training capacity, on assigned tasks in support of Program Analysis.
** Note: To be considered please apply at the USAJobs website using the link below:
Application Open and Close Dates: 02/22/2021 to 03/01/2021 this job will close when we have received 150 applications which may be sooner than the closing date.
ITA is organized into four distinct but complementary business units:
- The Global Markets (GM) unit combines ITA's country and regional experts, overseas and domestic field staff, and specific trade promotion programs to provide U.S. firms with the full suite of country-specific export promotion services and market access advocacy, while promoting the United States as an investment destination.
- The Industry and Analysis (I&A) unit brings together ITA's industry, trade, and economic experts to advance the competitiveness of U.S. industries through the development and execution of international trade and investment policies and promotion strategies. I&A will leverage ITA's relationships with manufacturing and services industries to increase U.S. exports.
- The Enforcement and Compliance (E&C) unit enhances ITA's responsibilities to enforce U.S. trade laws and ensure compliance with trade agreements negotiated on behalf of U.S. industry.
- The Executive Direction (ExA) is comprised of the Office of Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (OCFAO) and Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO) units. The OCFAO performs advisory assignments related to the effectiveness of programs and/or the efficiency of the management of operations including human capital programs and initiatives, and finance/accounting. OCIO Maintains and modifies existing programs to assure adherence to specifications or convention changes. Codes programs or subroutines from overall systems logic developed by other computer specialists.
A Student Trainee will receive on-the-job training in the field of program management and program analysis, performing duties designed to provide substantive knowledge in the areas of basic data management and analysis in the preparation of a variety of operational and mission-oriented projects.
Your typical assignments may include any of the following:
- Responds to information requests on topics related to the mission, products, or services of the organization.
- Conducts research and analyses in support of program changes.
- Participates in program studies and analysis of operations to achieve greater economy and efficiency.
- Prepares initial work plans and draft reports based on existing procedures or observation of an activity;
- Make recommendations for improving methods; and advising on the adequacy of budgeting.