POSITION TITLE Part-Time Insurance Verification Representative
We’re looking for those individuals—the creative thinkers and innovation seekers—who are content with nothing short of changing the world. Discover the endless opportunities within the Medical College of Wisconsin and be inspired by the work we can do together to improve health, and make a positive, daily impact in our communities.
In the role of a part-time 20 hours per week Insurance Verification Representation working in Brookfield, Wisconsin. The Insurance Verification Representation will under general supervision, perform routine and some advanced administrative duties requiring general knowledge of insurance verification policies and procedures.
- Contact insurance companies and utilize online tools to verify insurance benefits for outpatient and inpatient visits at the Child Development Center.
- Complete and process prior authorizations as directed. Monitor number of patient visits per authorization. Complete pre-certifications.
- Perform data entry of billing information into Epic.
- Answer and resolve telephone inquiries regarding billing and insurance issues.
- Assist callers with inquiries requesting estimates for services.
- Advise providers regarding insurance changes and be familiar with CPT, DSM-5 and ICD-10 coding.
- Coordinate self-pay arrangements for patient families.
- Monitor monthly patient activity reports.
- Receive and verify new patient referrals from PCPs. Contact provider or parents to assist with CDC referral process.
- Provide assistance as needed to the Patient Scheduling Reps.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of quality control, customer service standards, information management, procedural process, and recordkeeping. Knowledge of medical billing and coding including CPT, DSM-5 and ICD-10. Computer, technical, interpersonal, oral communication, listening, and patience skills.
Part-Time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: High school diploma
- Minimum Required Experience: 1 year
Preferred Experience: Previous experience with medical billing and coding
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.