This job is archived
(Archived) GME Residency Verification & Billing Clerk
GME Residency Verification & Billing Clerk
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) is a premier mission-driven university dedicated to transforming the lives of underserved communities through health professions education, clinical service, biomedical research and compassionate patient care. Over 80 percent of CDU students and over 71 percent of CDU faculty are from communities of color. We are committed to cultivating diverse health professional leaders who are dedicated to social justice and health equity for underrepresented groups impacted by health disparities not only in South Los Angeles, but around the world.
Position Number: PS02503
The Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, College of Medicine is seeking a Residency Program’ Verification and Billing Clerk for the Graduate Medical Education Department. Under the direction of the Graduate Medical Education (GME) leadership, this individual oversees administrative functions related to residency database management, residency training verifications and billing the programs’ clinical partners.
- Processing residency, training verification requests received via fax, email, in person, or from alternative sites in accordance with the University and ACGME policies
- Manage the GME Verification email
- Responsible ordering electronic or paper resident files from an off-site storage facility.
- Oversees the creation, maintenance, and storage of all computerized and paper resident records.
- Creating new files for current resident cohort(s), ordering and processing new resident diplomas under the direction of the CDU, COM GME Office.
- Assists with importing new resident information under the guidance of the CDU Registrar’s Office
- Establish, maintain, process, and update records, files, certificates, and/or other documents
- Responsible for answering the telephone, maintaining records, entering computer data, ordering food and supplies
- Generate billing invoices for all GME clinical partners
- Monitor and track payments
- Managing account balances and resolving inconsistencies
- Assist the accounting department with the preparation of financial reports
- Update accounting records with issued invoices, processed payments, new balances, and customer contact information
- Responsible for all aspects of the front-line customer service and ensures that customer service is at a high level of excellence via phone call, email correspondence, or in-person communication.
- Perform other administrative and clerical work as assigned
- AA or AS preferred. High School diploma, accepted
- Two years administrative experience in a college or university, and/or previous experience with general billing.
- Intermediate knowledge level of MS Office specifically Excel.
- Demonstrates comprehension and discretion in handling confidential/sensitive records
- Strong records management and database management
- Advanced mathematical capacity
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials
- Affinity for positive customer experience, attention to detail, and problem solving
- Ability to compile information, synthesize data and draft reports.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to make appropriate administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Tech Savvy
- Effective time management.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
To apply, please visit https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4060
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.