We’re looking for those individuals—the creative thinkers and innovation seekers—who are content with nothing short of changing the world. Discover the endless opportunities within the Medical College of Wisconsin and be inspired by the work we can do together to improve health, and make a positive, daily impact in our communities.
In the role of Administrative Assistant Sr. working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Administrative Assistant Sr. performs routine and advanced administrative duties requiring considerable skill and in-depth knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
There’s no greater priority than the care of our kids.
Just as every child is unique, the approaches we take in their healthcare must be equally so. By creating new approaches in patient care, discovering leading-edge advances in biotechnology and developing effective educational programs for students, residents, fellows and faculty, the Department of Pediatrics at the Medical College of Wisconsin is proving why we’re among the best. Whether it’s out in the community addressing health disparities of underserved children or in the lab creating gene therapies or tumor vaccines to enhance survival of children with life threatening illnesses, MCW focuses on all aspects of advancing knowledge for the benefit of kids.
About Pediatric Emergency Medicine:
David Brousseau, MD, MS, leads a pediatric emergency medicine team consisting of thirty-one board-certified faculty physicians, eight fellows, ten physician’s assistants and five nurse practitioners. Administrative support includes a division administrator, data analyst, clinical research manager, grants operations coordinator, clinical research coordinators, administrative assistants and an education program coordinator.
- Provide electronic calendar management, coordination of meetings and preparation/assembly of pertinent agendas and materials. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts. Make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day schedules.
- Manage electronic and paper correspondence. Review, assess, route, answer and monitor follow up action steps on correspondence. Independently gather and analyze information required for fellowship director actions.
- Use multiple software applications including word processing, spreadsheet and graphics to create workflow charts, spreadsheets, templates, reports, presentations, minutes, letters and forms.
- Collaborate with the Medical Education Centralized Fellowship Coordinator to support the Pediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM) fellowship program
- Serve as key point of contact and source of information for the PEM Fellows. This includes but is not limited to confirming monthly rotations, attendance at required activities, coordinate fellowship interview season, creating and planning onboarding for incoming fellows, completing exit documentation for graduating fellows.
- Support fellows to organize, coordinate, and schedule fellowship activities as needed including educational conferences
- Use and coordinate evaluations in New Innovations and retrieve data as requested by fellowship director
- Cross train with current administrative staff to learn all facets of their role and provide backup during absences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
- Knowledge of computers, clerical procedures, customer service standards, collaboration, and information management.
- Organization, time management, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: High school diploma
- Minimum Required Experience: 5 years of experience
- Preferred Education: College Degree
- Preferred Experience: 1 – 2 years of administrative assistant experience
Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.