We’re looking for those individuals—the creative thinkers and innovation seekers—who are content with nothing short of changing the world. Discover the endless opportunities within the Medical College of Wisconsin and be inspired by the work we can do together to improve health, and make a positive, daily impact in our communities.
In the role of Administrative Assistant Sr. working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Administrative Assistant Sr. performs routine and advanced administrative duties requiring considerable skill and in-depth knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
- Anticipate and initiate action regarding administrative functions while coordinating and leading projects.
- Compose correspondence as needed, which may contain confidential information.
- Use complex functions of a variety of computer applications and software packages to develop macros and templates. Proofread and format documents to ensure accuracy.
- Screen telephone calls and visitors to resolve complex inquiries.
- Coordinate schedules, meetings, appointments, and travel itineraries and related arrangements.
- Compile data and information from multiple sources to prepare reports.
- Assist in budget preparation and monitoring expenditures.
- Process payment requests, requisitions, and invoices.
- Distribute mail and organize filing systems accurately maintaining records.
- Maintain operation of office equipment such as changing toner and track office supplies.
- Provide clinical support functions to include clinic preparation, schedule/cancel/reschedule patient appointments and other functions as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of computers, clerical procedures, customer service standards, collaboration, and information management.
Organization, time management, interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: High school diploma
- Minimum Required Experience: 5 years of experience
- Preferred Education: Associate degree in medical or administrative assistant program or specialized administrative assistant or executive assistant training.
- Preferred Experience: 1-year advanced administrative support
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careersWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.