Every great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
In the role of Administrative Assistant Sr working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Administrative Assistant Sr. performs routine and advanced administrative duties requiring considerable skill and in-depth knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Provides support to the education team to facilitate the achievement of program goals.
- Anticipate and initiate action regarding administrative functions while coordinating and leading projects.
- Compose correspondence as needed, which may contain confidential information.
- Use complex functions of a variety of computer applications and software packages to develop macros and templates.
- Proofread and format documents to ensure accuracy.
- Screen telephone calls and visitors to resolve complex inquiries.
- Support Faculty, and Program Manager in their daily activities including Coordinate schedules, meetings, appointments, and travel itineraries and related arrangements.
- Compile data and information from multiple sources to prepare reports.
- Assist in budget preparation and monitoring expenditures.
- Process payment requests, requisitions, and invoices.
- Distribute mail and organize filing systems accurately maintaining records.
- Coordinate Education related programs
- Collaborate on development of program materials including marketing, website, forms and reports
- Conduct or coordinate training programs for program participants including skills labs (simulation, live model and cadaver model)
- Organize internal and external meetings, site visits and special events
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of computers, clerical procedures, customer service standards, collaboration, and information management.
Organization, time management, interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: High school diploma
- Minimum Required Experience: 5 years of experience
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.