CalFresh Outreach Student Ambassador – Short-term
Department: Student Life & Leadership (Student Affairs Department)
Hourly Pay Rate: $14 - $16 (depending on experience)
Hours Per Week: Not to exceed 20 hours per week
Work Schedule: Base schedule Monday – Friday, occasional evening
• Marketing and promotion of public benefit to potentially eligible students
• Assist students with San Diego Food Bank "Online Referral"
• Track pre-screening, online referrals
• Track student CalFresh required updates
• Meet with CalFresh Outreach Coordinator when needed
• Manage appointments and waiting area for students in pre-screening and application assistance
• Ability to gain knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and program-related guidelines related to CalFresh
• Customer service skills
• Basic computer use (Microsoft Word, spreadsheets and database software) and Zoom software
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Utilize effective listening skills
• Preform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement: Palomar College serves over 30,000 students from a variety of backgrounds and we are proud to be a Hispanic Serving Institution. Our student body is rich in its diversity. Click here to see a quick overview of our student demographics on our recent Student Fact Sheet.
Palomar College is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are dedicated to empowering students to succeed and are guided by our core values; some of which are the following:
• Access to our programs and services
• Equity and the fair treatment of all in our policies and procedures
• Diversity in learning environments, philosophies, cultures, beliefs, and people
• Inclusiveness of individual and collective viewpoints in collegial decision-making processes
• Mutual respect and trust through transparency, civility, and open communications
All positions require cultural competency which includes the sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff.
To Apply: Please call Pippa Pierce, Supervisor, Student Life & Leadership, at [Register to View]
Palomar College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency