We’re looking for those individuals—the creative thinkers and innovation seekers—who are content with nothing short of changing the world. Discover the endless opportunities within the Medical College of Wisconsin and be inspired by the work we can do together to improve health, and make a positive, daily impact in our communities.
In the role of Sr. Administrative Assistant working in Children’s Wisconsin.
Provide daily administrative support to the Section Chief, Division Administrator and Faculty leadership team. Coordinate and lead projects, perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, and provide information to visitors. Handle confidential materials, maintain confidential files and assist in developing confidential correspondence and reports.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
Knowledge of computers, clerical procedures, customer service standards, collaboration, and information management. Organization, time management, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Create complex workflow charts, spreadsheets, databases, macros, and templates.
- Create reports, presentations, minutes, letters, memos, and forms.
- Coordinate faculty recruitment and onboarding activities.
- Manage calendars, coordinate meetings, and prepare pertinent agendas or materials.
- Provide resolution to phone inquiries and prioritizing issues and routing calls as appropriate.
- Serve as key point of contact for a variety of audiences and independently compose e-mail and other correspondence.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare presentations and reports for leadership review.
- Coordinate and perform status reports, project reports, and other types of information regarding special projects
- Monitor department budget and summarize financial reports including monitoring expenditures, preparing purchase orders, check requests, and assist in budget development.
- Maintain faculty scholarly activities database and inform department newsletter editor of faculty publications.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: High school diploma
- Minimum Required Experience: 5 years of experience
Why MCW? Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.