This job is archived
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Who we are
The mission of the University Art Galleries (UART) is to support the educational mission of Texas A&M University by providing impactful visual arts experiences to diverse campus and regional community audiences in both the J. Wayne Stark Galleries and the Forsyth Galleries. UART serves as steward of its collections, promoting arts advocacy and engagement across the university.
What we want
The Administrative Associate V, provides business support for the department and event coordination for the J. Wayne Stark and Forsyth Galleries. This is a great opportunity for someone passionate about the arts who would enjoy going to work at a museum everyday! We are looking for someone who enjoys organizing events, can manage multiple priorities, and provides excellent customer service. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. If the description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume’ are strongly recommended. You may upload these documents on the application under CV/Resume.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M’s COVID-19 response, please visit the University’s COVID-19 website. For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness’ COVID-19 website.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school graduation or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years of experience in general office or clerical work
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software programs
- Interpersonal and communications skills
- Keyboarding skills
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
Other Requirements or Other Factors:
- Must be able to lift or move, carry, and place folding tables and chairs for event setups
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Nine years’ experience in general office or clerical work
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- Professional Events Management Certificate
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Customer relation skills, event coordination skills
- Event Coordination - Serves as event coordinator for the Stark and Forsyth Galleries when the facilities are used by other entities. Sets up tables, chairs, etc. for these events as needed. Coordinates with the Forsyth Curator of Education and the Director in the planning of in-house events and handles the logistics for these events including, setups, ordering ford, AV, etc.
- Business Support - Handles basic business duties for the department including reconciling of payment card statements, processing of invoices, and deposits of sales transactions. Interfaces with the Division of Student Affairs Business Office staff as needed to track revenues and expenditures.
- Administrative Support - Coordinates daily office support activities such as ordering supplies, preparing AggieWorks requests, routing contracts, handling mail, etc. Coordinates travel arrangements and files travel reports for departmental staff; coordinates travel arrangements and itineraries for guest lecturers, prospective employees, etc. Administers departmental research libraries for both the Stark and Forsyth libraries. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application. Apply at https://jobs.tamu.edu, Posting # R-042286. Application review will begin immediately.