- Oversee all aspects of front office operations including electronic resources, computer area, and front lobby to ensure quality service is provided to all Career & Transfer Service constituents.
- Greet visitors, answer telephones, route incoming calls to appropriate staff, schedule appointments, and maintain events on the outlook Career and Transfer calendar.
- Assist students with office services inquiries, access, and questions pertaining to the online job database, and direct to office and campus resources.
- Assist Director with verifying students' eligibility for on-campus employment using PeopleSoft and via collaboration with Financial Aid staff members.
- Assist Director with packaging and processing new student and re-hire documentation and packets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support students with new employee onboarding processes.
- Maintain files and organization of all student assistants whether institutional funded or federal work-study funded with data entry and tracking.
- Support the Director with recruiting potential student assistants (including federal work-study students) which include communicating and collaborating with departments such as Human Resources, Financial Aid, and Payroll Offices.
- Help Director with coordinating facility reservations for events.
- Type correspondence such as formal letters, memos, and emails for students, staff/faculty, and employers and prepare workshop meetings and event packets.
- Enter routine data into Excel.
- Maintain accurate record-keeping, as well as organize manuals and computerized filing systems.
- Create reports and spreadsheets which may require specialized software, create merged data, format, or incorporate files transferred from another operating system.
- Assess future supply needs for major projects, programs, mail-outs, as well as day-to-day operations of the department and maintain office equipment.
- Handle incoming/outgoing mail, compile mailing lists, and organize bulk mail-outs.
- Maintain confidentiality of all departmental information.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Represent the office at special events such as College Transfer Days and Career Fairs.
- Assist in all aspects of employer relations, including assisting employers in using the online job database, soliciting attendance at job fairs, verifying the status of job listings/student placements, and encouraging employers to use the full array of services the office has to offer.
- Assist with advertising publications for job fairs, workshops, and other programs/events sponsored by the Career & Transfer Office.
- Communicate with and collaborate with Marketing and College Relations and Print Shop staff to ensure that orders and submissions are processed in a timely manner.
- Assist in facilitation of training, workshops, job fairs, class presentations, and special events relative to Career & Transfer related topics (i.e., sign-in sheets, attendance, spreadsheets, flyer, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Scheduled hours are not to exceed 19.5 hours a week. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Two (2) years of secretarial work experience
- Must be punctual and accountable
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and energetic, along with exceptional customer service abilities
- Must be will to work flexible hours
- Exceptional computer skills including expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with superb skills in oral and written communication, planning, and organization
- Must have excellent organizational, time management, and filing skills
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, plus meet deadlines
- Must be flexible, organized, and creative with the ability to switch gears and move from one task to another with frequent interruptions from a busy phone and constant office visits
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Associate’s (or higher) degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7118
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency