This job is archived
The Medical College of Wisconsin brings a synergy between the best medical education, research and patient care. Tomorrow’s discoveries happen right here alongside the very people who bring those lessons to our students. Every bit of knowledge, and every advancement, provides our students with an unprecedented, collaborative learning environment, and helps improve the vitality and care of our communities.
In the role of Administrative Associate working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our administrative associate provides comprehensive clerical and administrative support services such as complex calendar management, management of correspondence, information organization and coordination, including paper and electronic files, and dissemination of information to internal and external contacts.
- Provide electronic calendar management, coordination of meetings, and preparation/assembly of pertinent agendas and materials. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts and make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day schedules. Independently manage arrangements for conference rooms, audiovisual equipment, refreshment/food orders.
- Professionally manage incoming telephone calls, route calls as appropriate, provide resolution to inquiries and prioritize phone messages.
- Manage electronic and paper correspondence. Review, assess, route, answer and monitor follow up action steps on correspondence. Independently gather and analyze information required for executive action. Transcribe and produce error-free documentation from a digital dictation and speech software application and also independently compose professional email and other correspondence.
- Serve as key point of contact and source of information for a variety of audiences and address inquiries in a professional, expeditious manner.
- Provide multifaceted travel arrangements, including travel, lodging and ground transportation reservations and creation of itinerary portfolios to include materials required for conferences and lectures.
- Coordinate events, including conferences, dinner meetings, and social functions.
- Use multiple software applications including word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and presentation to create complex workflow charts, spreadsheets, databases, macros, templates, reports, presentations, minutes, letters, memos, and forms.
• Conduct research, compile data, and prepare presentations and reports for leadership review.
• Coordinate and produce status reports, project reports, and other types of information regarding special projects.
• Monitor department budget and summarize financial reports including monitoring expenditures, preparing supporting documentation for purchase orders, check requests and executive expense reimbursements, and assist in budget development.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of computers/software applications, office management and clerical procedures including transcription, customer service standards, collaboration, and information management.
Organization, time management, interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
Exercise confidentiality and a high degree of discretion.
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: Associate degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 3 years
- Preferred Education: Business, Communications or related field
- Preferred Experience: 3-5 years of progressively complex responsibilities supporting an organizational leader.
Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.