We’re looking for those individuals—the creative thinkers and innovation seekers—who are content with nothing short of changing the world. Discover the endless opportunities within the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) and be inspired by the work we can do together to improve health and make a positive, daily impact in our communities.
In the role of Senior Administrate Assistant you will be working in Milwaukee, WI at the MCW Campus.
In this role and under general direction, you will perform routine and advanced administrative duties requiring considerable skill and in-depth knowledge of organizational policies and procedures for the Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities, a division of the Institute for Health and Equity. This work will support the high-ranking faculty members of the division who are engaged with leaders across the institution as well as on national and international platforms.
About the Institute for Health and Equity
- Mission: to improve health and advance equity through research, education, and shared expertise by working collaboratively with local, national and global communities
- Vision: to be an internationally recognized leader in the improvement of health and advancement of equity
- Values: collaboration and teamwork, creativity, diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity
Visit the department website for more information:
- Anticipate and initiate action regarding administrative functions while coordinating and leading projects.
- Coordinate and support academic course activities, grand rounds, conferences, and other special events.
- Gather information needed to compile and prepare reports from multiple sources following a predetermined reporting schedule.
- Use complex functions of a variety of computer applications and software packages to develop documents, templates, and web pages.
- Day-to-day financial tasks, including processing payments, requisitions, and invoices; maintain financial records; assisting with monthly financial/expense review.
M-F, 8-5 PM
- Minimum Required Education: High school diploma
- Minimum Required Experience: 5 years of experience in an administrative support role
- Preferred Education: Associates degree or bachelor’s degree
- Preferred Experience: Experience in an academic office setting
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vision, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on items such as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation, and entertainment, etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
For a brief overview of our benefits see: https://www.mcw.edu/departments/human-resources/benefits
Eastern Wisconsin is a vibrant, diverse metropolitan area. MCW is intent on attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce and faculty body that reflects the community we serve. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, thought, and perspectives to advance excellence in science and medicine. MCW is a welcoming campus community with a strong culture of collaboration, partnership, and engagement with our surrounding community.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.