Under general direction from the Entry Level Masters (ELM) Director, coordinates and assists in the general administration of a specialized program grant (Song Brown Training Grant). This role will contribute to the overall purpose of assisting prelicensure graduate students with completing their Master of Science in Nursing degree by leading/assisting with clinical, simulation, and retention activities. Provide administrative supports to the program and determines time, place, and sequence of operation. Monitors expenses, maintenance of equipment, supplies, etc. May oversee, assist, and maintain department annual budget.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating the development, implementation, monitoring, dissemination, and evaluation of various projects for ELM.
- Coordination of activities associated with the different objectives of the grant.
- Provides support services such as typing, distribution, and report preparation for special projects generated by the department
- Coordinating regular project meetings and communication and coordinating all administrative aspects of the study
- Engage ELM students in interprofessional Simulation, leadership, clinical, and professional events
- Involve ELM students per semester in community and professional activities
- Coordinates appropriately with other programs, schools/colleges, and university departments for grant success.
- Participates in the development and interpretation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and schedules activities for special projects, anticipating and planning for needs.
- May assist in the preparation of the budget
- Establishes schedules and priorities and provides technical assistance in the resolution of problems.
- Maintains necessary records and documents.
- Prepares regularly scheduled or special reports.
- Answers inquiries on procedures and policies relating to departmental functions.
- Provides post-award administrative support including expenditure approvals, accounting detail and reporting requirement information. Monitors for allowability on contracts, submit interim reports and review and approves closeout documents.
- Performs other duties as requested
- High School degree/GED certificate required.
- Two to Five years in related field.
- Background in University setting.
- Familiarity with school programs, especially with programs at community colleges and undergraduate programs.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong grammatical and typing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and schedule various office activities.
- Regionally accredited (BA/BS, MA/MS) degree; and/or equivalent of combine education and experience in the related field preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
For more information and to apply, https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4150
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer