IFYC is looking to hire four full-time Program Assistants to support our programs team’s administrative needs.
Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) has grown and evolved since our founding in 2002, adapting fearlessly to meet the complex challenges of 21st-century worldview diversity. We have gone from running interfaith youth programs in church, mosque, and synagogue basements to shaping a national narrative about the power and potential of civic religious pluralism while focusing on the society-transforming power of higher education. We believe in the essential contributions of countless religious and philosophical traditions that affirm the dignity and justice for every human being. IFYC affirms and supports work for racial equity and is committed to the transformation of America into the promise of what it can be but has not yet been.
At IFYC, we are ever adapting and changing. We look for people who set audacious goals and love that one workday may not be like the next. We are serious about our vision of an America where people of different faiths, worldviews, and traditions bridge divides, work towards racial equity, and find common values to build a shared life together. We seek to attract and retain a team of staff comprised of the diverse identities we need to achieve our vision, including minority religious groups and people of color.
You are energized by the opportunity to support interfaith leaders in action! You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced, adaptable environment where one day won’t look like the next. You are organized, love to get things done and have a reputation of completing tasks on time and with the highest-level of accuracy. You hold yourself and your work to a high bar of excellence and take personal responsibility for achieving your goals and supporting those of our colleagues.
The Program Assistant will support three directors with some executive assistant responsibilities along with supporting a variety of IFYC programs and projects. This position will require the ability to balance and prioritize multiple ongoing projects from multiple stakeholders.
• Manage travel logistics for directors including making travel arrangements and preparing materials for directors’ campus visits, conferences, and other events
• Schedule meetings with both internal staff and external partners; prepare materials for meetings; take notes and provide meeting summaries
• Prepare reimbursement requests for Directors
• Manage logistics for small program events or meetings including participant travel, catering, accommodations and event space
• Track program interest and participations
• Assist the Special Events Manager when a program hosts a larger-sized event
• Manage expense tracking, process stipends, create MOUs, and reimbursement requests, and other financial logistics for IFYC program participants
• Provide participants with, and answer questions regarding, logistical program information
Editing Materials and Communication:
• Prepare materials for events and programs such as name tags, agendas, and folders.
• Proofread and copyedit materials
• Create and edit surveys using IFYC’s survey software
• Create and format presentations in PowerPoint
• Prepare application materials for campus and individual grant programs
• Communicate with external partners on particular programs in order to solicit or share required information
• Prepare mailing and file documents
• Input new data and clean existing data in Salesforce
• Pull data reports from Salesforce
• Compile data and manage internal tracking systems
• Clean data spreadsheets to upload into Salesforce
• Compile, collate, and analyze grant reports from campuses and/or individuals who have received IFYC grants
Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, including religious studies, education, higher education, sociology, etc.
• Ability to balance and prioritize multiple ongoing projects from multiple stakeholders
• Collaborative nature; flexibility and agility in problem-solving
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Strong competence in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); willing to learn and utilize organization-wide constituent relationship management software (Salesforce)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High level of religious literacy and fluency in diversity, pluralism, and inclusion
Hours: 40 hours per week, 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Pay: $15-$20 per hour plus free medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employee-only coverage. Those who wish to cover their dependents can contribute through payroll for dependent health coverage. Generous time off policies that include paid time off, floating holidays, fixed holidays, sick leave and paid parental leave.
Supervisor: Program Director
Application: Please upload your resume and cover letter that includes why you want to work at IFYC
Application deadline: we recommend applying as soon as possible but the application window will remain open until 4 positions are filled
Location: working from our Chicago Loop office at 141 W Jackson Blvd. #3200 Chicago, IL 60604 when our hybrid office reopens in summer of 2021
This position requires the ability, with or without reasonable accommodation, to: maintain regular attendance in our Chicago Loop office; work cooperatively with others; adhere to IFYC personnel policies and safety rules; sit and/or stand for extended periods of time; operate standard office equipment, including computers, telephones, photocopiers, and projectors; communicate orally, in writing, and via computers and digital devices; and requires close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, transcribe, view a computer terminal and other office equipment.
IFYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Reasonable accommodation will be provided as needed to enable qualified applicants with a disability to participate in pre-employment procedures.