Every great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
In the role of Admin Assistant Sr. working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Administrative Assistant Sr. will perform routine and advanced administrative duties requiring considerable skill and in-depth knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Provide administrative support for 2-3 surgical oncologists to include occasional clinic scheduling, prior authorizations for surgical procedures, advanced calendar management, meeting coordination and composing professional correspondence.
- Utilize Epic to prepare clinical, operative and conference related correspondence, reports, and other documents. Maintain HIPAA confidentiality of department and patient data.
- Maintenance of pagers; ordering new pagers as needed. Maintain, update and distribute call schedules.
- Obtain insurance preauthorization for surgical procedures.
- Compose correspondence as needed, which may contain confidential information.
- Proofread and format documents to ensure accuracy.
- Screen telephone calls and visitors to resolve complex inquiries. Triage patient and provider phone calls, resolve routine inquiries and take appropriate messages.
- Provide backup administrative coverage for other administrative staff during administrative staff vacation and sick time.
- Coordinate schedules, meetings, appointments, and travel itineraries and related arrangements.
- Compile data and information from multiple sources to prepare reports.
- Process payment requests, requisitions, and invoices.
- Distribute mail and organize filing systems accurately maintaining records.
- Use complex functions of a variety of computer applications and software packages; prepare and compose correspondence, reports, memorandums and other documents.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of computers, clerical procedures, customer service standards, collaboration, and information management.
Organization, time management, interpersonal, communication, and problem- solving skills.
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: High school diploma
- Minimum Required Experience: 5 years of experience
- Preferred Education: Business or Health administration related field; Associate degree
- Preferred Experience: Health administration related experience, Epic proficiency, knowledge of medical terminology, project coordination
Why MCW? (edit if necessary, example remove items for interns if not applicable)
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.