very great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
In the role of Administrative Assistant working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Administrative Assistant will under general supervision, perform routine administrative duties requiring general knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
- Prepare and compose correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other documents using basic and more advanced functions of computer applications and software packages.
- Answer and relay telephone calls, resolve routine inquiries, and take appropriate messages.
- Gather information needed to compile and prepare reports from multiple sources following a predetermined reporting schedule.
- Coordinate and maintain calendar of events, appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries for assigned faculty and staff.
- Order and track office and laboratory supplies, ensure equipment is operational, and provide general oversight of division operational needs in an efficient manner and with regard to budget implications.
- Process basic payment requests, requisitions, and invoices.
- Maintain records and file system to effectively manage information following regulatory, division, or DOP guidelines.
- Respond to various situations in the work of the division or department.
- As an administrative team member, cross train to back up members of team to ensure continuous work flows within the division.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of computers, clerical procedures, customer service standards, collaboration, and information management. Organization, time management, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: High school diploma
- Minimum Required Experience: 3 years of experience
- Preferred Education: Some Technical or College education or degree
- Preferred Experience: Office or Clinic/Hospital experience in a fast-paced environment; Microsoft Office; experienced and comfortable working with multiple computer software programs.
Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.