- In-depth knowledge and understanding of current financial aid needs analysis methodology and federal and state financial aid program guidelines.
- Knowledge of financial aid regulations, practices, and resources.
- Knowledge of online student information systems.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and apply financial aid & academic policies and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of the federal, state, and institutional rules governing the various forms of financial aid required.
- Ability to successfully keep abreast of technical applications of regulatory and institutional changes and use competent and increasingly complex computer system skills to meet job requirements. Specific assigned programs may be complex and require specialized training or skills.
- Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration, or a job-related field and two years of professional experience in one of the student services program areas required.
Enrollment Services – Financial Aid
$4,304 per month
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for one year with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
Go to https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/506399/financial-aid-counselor and click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Due to the nature of this position, current CSULB employees are subject to a criminal record check unless they have successfully completed a criminal background check through CSULB within the past 12 months.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status.CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
Applications close: Dec 16, 2021 (11:55 PM) Pacific Standard Time
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency